Natural methods for women above 40 to lose weight
Obesity and over weight is extremely harmful for a woman's health. These symptoms among women are more potent above the age of 40. Obesity is defined as a medical condition in which excessive body fat get accumulated to such an extent that it might have a negative effect on their health, leading to reduced life expectancy and/or increased health problems. Over weight attracts a number of health problems and serious issues in daily life that might turn out to be a nightmare for a person. Among women, 40 being a fragile age the symptoms and ill effects are further amplified. Obesity even restricts the proper functioning and hampers day to day activities among female. Breathing becomes difficult, individuals are more prone to heart diseases, immense back pain, probable diabetes are some of the most prevalent symptoms of obesity. At 40 the bones in the body might also start wearing out due to their excessive body weight. Above normal body weight leads to wear and tear of the joints and knee and hip replacement would be the only apt solution. After a psychological analysis it was found that obese women above 40 tend to be more depressed than those in the normal weight range. If unchecked, obesity can even prove to be fatal. So it is mandatory for women to take and adopt states that would help them to lose weight after 40
Why is it difficult to lose weight post 40?
There is no miracle of losing weight instantly. But comparison to younger women, it is relatively hard to lose weight after 40. Women have to take up a lot of efforts to shed that extra pound. It is a painstaking process and one has to be determined and stand resolute to turn weight loss into a reality. So, why is it that hard for a female above 40 years of age to lose weight? There are a number of factors that comes into play during this particular age bracket which makes weight loss a gruesome process. The most prevalent reasons are as follows:
Metabolism Rate - It is the rate at which a human body burns calories. Even when a female is sitting or lying down while reading this article, their body keeps on burning calories. This rate at which their body burns calories is called the resting metabolic rate. At the age of 40, the metabolism tends to decelerate by about 5% which restricts the fast decomposition of calories. This tends to the easy accumulation of fat.
Hormonal changes - In females post 40 years, a series of changes occurs inside the body that slows down the growth rate of the cells. This in the long run leads to gain in body weight.
Thyroid issues - Women have much greater thyroid issues than men, with a chance of at least 10 to 1. This thyroid issue is quite gradual, so women might find losing weight difficult during their 40s.
Livelihood - As women age, their lives become more complicated, whether it's their children, their work, aging parents and thus they have less time to be more physically active and pay less attention to what they are eating. As women become more established and economically stable different varieties of food is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in large portions and they tend to have more mindless eating while they are cut down on their activities.
What would be your choice?
What is the best method for weight loss
Different ways to lose weight
Women have different motives to lose weight while in their 40's. Some want to lose weight so as to look slim and attractive while others do so to evade health issues. Considering all the reasons there is that persuades women to lose weight, there are few options that might prove to be helpful to shed those extra unwanted pounds.
Surgery - If women want to lose weight really fast, surgery or liposuction is the option to opt for. In this process the unwanted fat or lipids is sucked out of the body using a suction device. This is ultimate fat removal procedure but has a number of side effects. It is also very costly and can burn a hole in the client's pocket.
Medication - There are number of medicines which when consumed in proper dosage helps women to lose weight. These medicines might be chemical derivatives or simple plant extracts like Garcinia Cambogia extract. Consumption of these pills or supplements can help reduce weight in women over a period of time. But the constituents of these medicines might lead to some allergic reactions in women which can even prove to be fatal. Considerable amount of adulterants present in some natural extracts, might prove to be hazardous for the health.
Dieting and proper food habit - Dieting coupled with exercising can lead to significant weight loss at a steady pace. This method of weight loss among women above 40 years of age is the most safe means. This process of weight loss is not at all associated with any sort of side effect.
Considering all the variety of weight loss methods available at the disposal of women above 40 years of age, sticking to proper food habits is the safest. It doesn't have any ill effects and compliments the natural process of a woman's body.
Eat fresh, eat healthy
Natural methods to lose weight
With the advent of all physical changes in women after 40 years of age, they should take stringent actions and steps to check their weight. As natural method of weight loss is the most safe and widely prevalent, women should take into account all possible options to check their weight. Below mentioned are some of the most effective ways to check weight among women.
Incorporating fish in the diet- Fish, preferably those with healthy fats like salmon or trout contains a lot of proteins. These proteins in turn are made of long chains of amino acids. These amino acids are building blocks of muscle tissues. When there is deficiency of amino acid in the blood stream, the muscles begin to shrink this in turn takes a toll on the overall metabolism process of the body. Thus proteins help to accelerate the metabolism inside a woman's body.
- Weight training or other physical activities - Resistance training helps to burn a lot of calories and also aids to gain muscle mass. As more muscle builds up, the more calories she will burn each day. Secondly, the muscle rebuilding process itself requires a lot of extra energy, thus boosting the daily calorie expenditure by 5 to 9%. A regular routine of 30 to 45 minutes 3 to 4 times a week will eventually help to reduce weight. An exercise should be chosen depending on a female's exercise level and abilities. Simply walking for a few miles and climbing up and down the stairs can be a wonderful activity to burn those extra calories while helping with the metabolism rate.
- Cutting down on carbohydrate intake and increasing calcium intake - Carbohydrates are essential for our body. But when unutilized, it gets converted to fat. For this very reason women should refrain from carbohydrate rich food items and opt for the low carb, fiber rich variants. Fruits and vegetables can prove to be great alternative. Calcium on the other hand helps to sustain the bone density among women. The bone density is of utmost importance among women above 40 years of age and helps prevent tearing down of joints.
- Keeping the body hydrated - Studies suggest that staying hydrated may also increase calorie consumption, especially if the beverage is cold and frosty. The body has to heat up icy drinks to reach body temperature, which requires energy thus leading to burning of considerable amounts of calorie. Iced lemon and green tea can prove to be a great alternative as it further aids to enhance the metabolism rate. These drinks are well known for their medicinal properties and helps boost immunity.
- Choosing a proper diet - For women above the age of 40, choosing a proper diet is most important. If a person consumes less calories than the body can burn, then eventually it would lead to weight loss. For this reason, maintaining a proper diet chart is mandatory. The diet should be low in fat and carbohydrates and rich in fibers. Inclusion of fresh vegetables and fruits aids in digestion and further helps to remove fat. Proper protein percentage should also be incorporated to help amplify muscle mass and reduce overall fat percentage.
- Daily dose of yoga - According to modern studies, daily yoga lessons can prove to be immensely helpful for women above the age of 40 to lose weight. Yoga includes a lot of stretching, deep breathing and relaxation poses, that soothes the body and mind thus helping to burn a lot of calories. It even calms and replenishes the body.
- Avoiding fast foods and processed foods - Fast foods contains a lot of oil and sugary substances which increases the percentage of fat and calorie count inside the body. Processed foods contain various chemical agents which might prove to be immensely harmful for the human body. Women refraining from fast foods won't help them lose weight but it would definitely stop adding up of calories and fat in their body.
Above were the basic ways which would be beneficial for women above 40 years of age to lose weight. Apart from these women can also indulge in good eating habits to further increase the weight loss process. Eating five to six small meals instead of four heavy meals can help increase calorie consumptions and lessen fat accumulation. It is preferable for women to eat less during dinner to refrain from fat accumulation while they go to sleep. Drinking considerable amount of water before every meal helps to decrease hunger, thus keeping a tab over consumption.
Various dieting or weight loss programs
We have mentioned various weight loss methodologies strictly suited for women above 40 years of age. But without a proper program or structure, all the planning might go in vain. To plan the proper intake of constituents interested women should contact dieticians. These diet experts help women to properly chalk down their diet and specify what they should and shouldn't opt for. They are so precise that they even mention the amount of food intake required that would be perfect for their weight loss. After proper calculation a diet chart is handed out which if followed religiously, could produce significant change in the body. For further in-depth consultation, interested women should always go to their personal physicians to approve the new diet and make sure that it won't cause any serious harm to them. There are a number of popular health magazines and websites on the World Wide Web which can also prove to be fruitful in providing women with such valuable information. These information from books or internet can be availed with no expenses and that too while enjoying the comforts of their home.
The final verdict
Considering all the weight loss methodologies, the natural method is the best as it incorporates healthy processes. Natural method takes into account healthy food practices and disciplined workout regime to ensure steady weight loss. This methodology is best suited for women above 40 years of age and takes into consideration various factors that might come into play for women in that age bracket. To successfully lose weight a woman should gradually decrease the amount of food intake as the day passes. This means, maximum intake during breakfast and minimal at dinner. Such approach ensures maximum protein, vitamins and minerals to help fuel the activities all day long. The carbohydrates and fat intake during this period, also gets metabolized over due course of time. Less intake during dinner ensures less fuel for the body when the body is about to undergo hibernation. If the above mentioned steps are followed, women above 40 years of age would surely be benefited from the same which in turn them to look slim, attractive and even lessen major health risks considerably. In this way women above 40 years of age can rediscover themselves by simply adopting healthy eating practices, thus losing weight in the long run.
Feel free to comment on the hub or propose any suggestions if any.