Natural treatment for puffy and tired eyes
First and foremost - use clean product and clean hands when applying something on your eyes.
This condition happens often on people with allergies or the staylate that watch TV or work in home till midnight.
The next day, they are always "marked". The reasons can also be outside your ability to control them:
- Too prolonged sleep
- Diabetes mellitus
- Chronic overeating
- Some kidney diseases
- Medication abusing
- Chronic infections
- ... and lot others.
There are some natural remedies, that will remove swollen bags below the eyes and will calm the sore gritting feeling from the eye.
- Herbal mint tea (in bags). Drink one double (2 bags). When done - get the tea bags on your closed eyes. Stay like this for 1 minute. The mint will cool the skin around the eyes and will remove the swelling below them. Your eye will also feel refreshed and calm.
- If you don't have mint tea bags - use a piece of cotton or small cotton cloth. Make some tea and soak the cotton in it. Good herbs like the Mint are also Lavender and Marigold.
- Grated raw potato. This one is also very good for tired eyes that feel like you have "sand" inside them. Same as the mint tea. Cover your closed eyes with grated potato pulp for 4-5 minutes. The potato pulp will suck the swelling and will recover the ability of the eye to self moisturize itself. (with tears)
- Also like the raw potato, you can grit some fresh cucumber and cover your eyes. Cucumber is very good for the soft skin areas. It moisturizes and regenerates tissues. Not that good for swollen eyes, but will feel good after application.
- If you are not allergic to nuts - grind few fresh pistaccio nuts, soak with milk and leave for 1 hour. The resulting paste is also very good for swollen bags below the eyes. Apply on the puffy skin only. Not on the eye lids.
- If you add freshly squeezed lemon juice in any of the mixes cited above - the effect will be good also for "black eyes". Lemon juice gets blood clots dissolved and skin lightened. You should not have skin damage though. Else - you will feel stinging.
- Any good natural topical cream will also help. Choose one with vitamins A, C and E. They are very good for application on swollen and damaged skin.