- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
Not being able to sleep
can be very frustrating
Do you ever have those sleepless nights where you either are not sleepy enough to go to bed or you have so many things running through your mind that you just cannot fall asleep? I think most of us have been there at least once. It can be very frustrating, especially when one has to get up early the next day and/or has a long day the next day.
I know for a fact that I have those nights more often than not, and it's mainly because I have so many things running through my mind. Mostly these thoughts consist of what I am supposed to be doing the next day. I end up either staying up till 3 AM or tossing and turning for hours on end.
I read somewhere that there are somethings that one can do to improve on the length/quality of their sleep.
1. Sleep at the same time every day.
2. Don't use the computer or watch television right before bed.
3. Don't read a book right before bed.
4. Listen to some soothing music a half hour before bed.
5. Drink a warm glass of milk before bed.
These are just a few of the things that I read about and can remember. I am sure that there are many other things one can do to help them sleep and sleep better. What are some of the things that you all do to help you sleep?