Super-Food Power Smoothie Recipe Delicious and Simple.
Delicious Super Food Power Smoothie
Rate this Smoothie
Food Guide Pyramid
Super Food Power
According to the food pyramid developed by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), we need
2-3 servings of dairy per day,
2-3 servings of fruits per day
3-5 servings of vegetables per day
6-11 servings of bread/grains per day
(an additional serving is added for women who are pregnant or breast feeding)*
This Super Food Recipe incorporates 5 of the daily nutritional serving requirements.
- - 1 serving of dairy (yogurt)
- - 2 servings of fruit (banana & berries)
- - 1 serving of vegetables (spinach)
- - 1 serving of protein (almond milk)
Note: One tablespoon of Flax Seed contains about 1.8 grams of plant Omega 3's as well as fiber.
Make your own Super Food Power Smoothies at home.
Use Organic Ingredients
- 1 cup Mixed Berries, frozen
- 1 ripe Banana
- 1 sliced Apple, or (1/2 cup applesauce)
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 Tablespoon Honey to taste
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Flax Seeds
- 1 cup Non Fat Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Spirulina Powder
Home Made Super Food
- Break up your banana into chunks & toss them into your large Nutri-Bullet cup.
- Add one cup of organic mixed berries. (fresh or frozen)
- I usually grab a handful of spinach leaves and toss them in, but if you like to use measurements, it should be a full cup.
- Pour in 1 cup Almond Milk (Soy, Coconut and Rice Milk also taste amazing).
- Add 1 cup of non-fat yogurt (I use plain)
- On the side of your Nutri Bullet cup, there will be a "MAX FILL LINE" ... You can use filtered water, additional Almond Milk or even green tea to the max fill line after dry ingredients are added.
- Put the blade on and blend until creamy. Remove blade and add the last 3 ingredients, Honey, Flax Seeds and Spirulina. (I do this in 2 separate steps so that the honey doesn't get stuck to the side of the cup during blending. This extra blend gives me optimal incorporation of all ingredients).
- Serve and Enjoy!
These are the ingredients that I used in this recipe.
Ripe Bananas are Best
Perfect for Ripe Bananas!
I like to use bananas that are ripe, slightly brown, because they add quite a bit of extra sweetness to the smoothie. The ripe banana in addition to the bit of honey is perfect and effectively eliminates the need to add any sugar.
Brewed Green Tea
Certified Organic Spirulina Powder
|Serving size: 1 level tablespoon|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 1 g|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Organic Spirulina Powder
USDA ORGANIC 100% Pure Non-GMO
Like the color Red instead?
A delicious organic asparagus side recipe...
- Organic Asparagus with Sweet Chili Peppers (A Secret Weapon) Recipe ...
My Asparagus Sweet Chili Pepper Secret Weapon Recipe will impress fine food lovers at parties, potlucks and other get togethers (if this delicious dish even makes it out of your kitchen at all).