Paleo Bread or Gluten-Free Bread Recipe
As Good as the Real Thing
Ever since the paleo diet started to become more well-known, people migrating from conventional diets have been seeking to replace some of their main staple foods and make sure they were paleo-friendly. Replacements have been found for noodles, pizza crust, and other sweet treats. One of the last items to be created is a paleo bread.
For paleo bread, there are a few variations that can be done. The simplest? Purchase Paleo Bread by The Julian Bakery. They have two varieties, one from coconut and the other from almond flour. From the reviews I have read around the web, people seem in favour of it over traditional breads.
If that sounds appealing, Elana has posted a recipe for paleo bread made primarily with almond flour and eggs. That recipe has received nearly 500 glowing reviews on her website and is definitely worth checking out.
Finally, Richard Nikoley at Free the Animal, has posted his version of paleo bread that is made with a macadamia nut butter and eggs. It creates a more dense bread and involves fewer ingredients than Elana's recipe. I will share it below since it is short.
Hope you enjoy this recipe or Elana's, or are able to purchase the Paleo Bread.
- 5 eggs, (medium - large)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, raw whole
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- First, throw the nuts into a food processor. You want to break them down into a butter. Leaving a few nut pieces a little chunky is okay.
- While the processor is still running on high, add an egg. Wait 20 seconds, add a second egg. After another 20 seconds, go ahead and add the remaining eggs.
- Turn it down to low and add the coconut butter and sea salt. After 20 seconds, add the lemon juice. Let it mix together, then add the baking soda as the final ingredient.
- Once the batter is smooth, put into a greased bread pan and into the oven at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
Nutrition - Loaf
|Calories from Fat||1377|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 153 g||235%|
|Saturated fat 48 g||240%|
|Carbohydrates 35 g||12%|
|Fiber 19 g||76%|
|Protein 45 g||90%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- Everyday Paleo
I have been following the paleo diet for nearly two years now, have lost nearly 50 pounds, and am in the best shape of my life. Through the past few years, I have relied heavily on reading various blogs, listening to podcasts, and reading some books
- Paleo Diet Basics
Back in July of this year, I started a journey. One of discovery both about myself and what I knew about food and how it affects my body and weight.
- No Bake Energy Bar Recipe: Gluten Free and Paleo Diet
This energy bar recipe is easy to make and does not require any cooking! Delicious and nutritious energy bar recipe that does not contain sugar.
- Am I A Cave Woman? Thoughts on the Paleo Diet
Paleo isn't a diet or short term weight loss plan; it is a lifestyle choice.
- A Paleo Diet Plan with Crossfit Workout for Healthy Weight Loss
The Paleo Diet is a low carb, high protein, gluten and starch-free diet that emulates the diet of our pre-historic ancestors who lived before the era of processed sugars and foods.
- The 4 Hour Body - Free Chapters - by Timothy Ferriss – Four Sides
Most material from The 4 Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss can be found online in the form of excerpts or complete chapters. Here is an ongoing collection of them.