- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions
Pelvic Organ Prolapse-What is it?
A Normal Pelvic Floor
Among women and some men, If you are feeling a heaviness or pressure in your abdomen area or the feelings of your bottom falling out. You could possibly have Pelvic floor relaxation or pelvic organ prolapse.
In this article I would like to address, what is a Pelvic Floor, What symptoms may occur in the pelvic floor, and what you might could do the strengthen the pelvic floor.
Alot of women suffer these sensations without consulting a Doctor or Physician, it is very important to see a doctor if you are having these symptoms as it may get worse over time and may need even further medical attention later.
That I am not a Doctor nor a Physician and that I cannot treat nor diagnose any ailment one may suffer. Please consult your Doctor or Physician before starting any exercise program or herbal home remedies.
Here is to your Health!
What is Pelvic Organ Prolapse?
Causes of Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Causes and side effects include: (Among Women Only)
- Additional weight due to pregancy
- vaginal delivery
- loss of estrogen (menopause)
Pelvic Tissues can weaken
Different Types of Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Symptoms of Pelvic Floor Prolapse
- Feelings of heaviness
- feelings of pressure
- feelings of the bottom is dropping out
- feelings that your insides are dropping out
- pulling sensations
- achiness in the pelvic area
- sever prolapse ( organs can bulge into the walls of the vagina and protrude through your vaginal opening.
(resulting from weak, stretched out or damaged of muscles or ligaments that would normally support your organs)
What Can I do about Pelvic Organ Prolapse?
First and For most See your Doctor ( gynecologist or OBGYN )
You will want to see a doctor who is familiar with pelvic organ prolapse. This condition can worsen over time if you do not do anything about it. Always seek a second opinion as well. Specifically when it comes to surgery.
Most often, physical therapy and a pessary (a removable ringlike device that is removable) can completely solve the issue.
For some women, surgery is the most effective treatment.
How to Prevent Pelvic Floor Problems:
- Keep your pelvic floor muscles in shape
- Lose excess weight
- avoid constipation and straining with bowel movements
- avoid heavy lifting
- get chronic coughs with allergies under control
- after pregnancy and deliver, (watch out for signs, to start an early rehab to prevent complications down the road)
- tighten pelvic muscles before sneezing, lifting or jumping and hold the muscles until you are finished.
- Kegel exercises are extremely effective
Kegal Exercises for Pelvic Floor
It is very important before and after pregnancy and delivery, to keep your abdominal floor strengthened. This is a great cause and preventative measure one should take all throughout life. Preventing Pelvic Organ prolapse, is very important in preventing future complications.
I hope you enjoyed this article and that it was informative for you.