- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Phyllanthus amarus or Phyllanthus niruri, the best home remedy for jaundice and gallbladder stones
Use these spices to lose weight
Indian Spices that help you lose weight, spices warm body, Bird's eye chili, Indian green chili
What is Phyllanthus amarus?
Phyllanthus amarus is a medicinal herb found in coastal areas. It is a tropical plant that has several medicinal values. It is abundantly found in fields, agricultural lands and gardens. It is a short plant with tiny leaves. It is named as keezhar nelli or keezha nelli in South India.
Phyllanthus amarus or Phyllanthus niruri health benefits
Phyllanthus amarus is a natural coolant. It is found to stimulate hair growth. Females use Phyllanthus amarus as a shampoo in South India. Phyllanthus amarus, when applied to hair, cleans it and makes it grow. Phyllanthus amarus, being very cool, gives a soothing feeling to head, hair and eyes. It is a natural hair cleanser. The leaves and branches of phyllanthus amarus should be grinded (or partially grinded) and applied to hair. It should be washed away with water. Dirt will go along it. phyllanthus amarus can be a great substitute for shampoo.
Indian herbs and spices that heal
- Saffron whitens skin; Rose flower petal for rose cheeks and lips; hibiscus for long and healthy hair, hibiscus preventing cancer; lotus and marigold for skin
- The best home remedy for stomach pain, diarrhoea and indigestion for adults and children.
- Indian herbal drink that cools body - A natural drink with medicinal properties. Forget soft drinks and artificial squash drinks. Use sarsaparilla drink
- A wonder diet for summer - Arrowroot can cure stomach heat, loose motion, stomach pain and urinary tract infection.
- Cumin seed, fennel seed, Nigella seed and Purple fleebane, effective remedies for gastric problem
- Vayambu for infant colic, gas problem and indigestion. Why infants are given paste of vayambu or vasambu
- Why you should eat asafetida, black pepper, anise seed, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves
- Indian spices that heal bronchitis, asthma, jaundice, leprosy, ulcer, mouth sores, chicken pox scars. Know more about the healing properties of Indian spices and medicinal herbs that heals
Phyllanthus niruri as a medicinal herb: Phyllanthus niruri for jaundice
Phyllanthus niruri is believed to be a great remedy for jaundice. Jaundice patients can have juice of Phyllanthus niruri for a fast relief from jaundice. Amarus is found to be effective against hepatitis-B. Phyllanthus niruri is also used in India for treating stomach problems and liver diseases. This medicinal herb has been proven effective for uterus complaints and menstruation problems in women.
Phyllanthus Amarus for kidney problems
This wonder herb is found to be helpful for kidney stones. Amarus can lessen urinary calcium and help relieve kidney stone problem. Low amount of urinary calcium would reduce the chance of stone forming. Phyllanthus niruri is believed to block the formation of oxalate crystals and therefore heal kidney stone problems. It has further been effective in inhibiting the spreading of hepatitis B virus in blood.
Phyllanthus Amarus for urinary tract infections, gallbladder stones and tuberculosis
Amarus can heal urinary problems as it naturally cools the body. It is also proven to be a remedy for liver cancer and venereal diseases. The herb is also found to be powerful enough to slow down the HTLV-I replication, thereby helping HIV patient. This herb is widely used in India for different liver diseases and gallbladder stones. Viral infections and tuberculosis are also been treated through phyllanthus amarus in Indian Ayurveda treatment.