Positive Thinking Tips: The Key To Developing The Right Mindset For Success In Life!
Positive Thinking: The Right Attitude, The Key To Success!
Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway. Mary Kay Ash
And THAT'S the power of having the right mindset!
If you were asked to listen to your thoughts, would you say most of them are positive or negative?
Positive thinking brings awesome benefits to your life in general, but most importantly, it’s the key if you want to develop the right mindset for success! There's no point in having a negative attitude when the benefits of positive thinking are so amazing...let’s develop one today!
Surprisingly, the most damaging source of negativity is ourselves. We are bombarded by negative thoughts, in fact it's easier to think in negative than in positive terms because of the many negative internal and external messages we get every day, like those we receive from the news among others. You can be "informed" but you don't need to know and read about everything, try to focus on things you're good at, or you want to learn more about...it'll help you grow and feel satisfied while you enjoy what you do...
The problem is that in our mind we accept the negative self talk as the truth. We focus on our problems spending many hours every day predicting bad news for ourselves, generating fear, worry and confusion...
But truth is it doesn't require an extra effort to think positively and filter out the negative messages. You need to focus on the positive things in life, we'll now see how to do it and why it's worth doing it...
The first step in the process in replacing negatives thoughts with positives ones is to make the decision, which is easier if you keep reminding yourself of the benefits it will bring to your life.
Here's Why Positive Thinking Is Key For Success...
Positive thinking is the key to developing the right mindset for success! It keeps your motivation to its peak!
The way in which you think determines your attitude towards life in general, your way of looking at the world, your frame in life. Your thoughts control your behavior, actions, emotional responses, and overall standard of living, so it makes perfect sense trying to control them so they can't control you.
To put it more simply: Negative thoughts lead to negative attitudes and negative results. Conversely, when you think positively you are energized, motivated and you send those positive vibrations to the people around you. I think you'll agree with me it's better to attract people thinking positively than repelling them with negative thoughts...
That's how powerful thoughts can be...
What's more, studies show that having a positive attitude keeps you healthy, retards aging and reduces your stress levels dramatically.
By replacing the negatives thoughts with positive ones, you will make yourself and probably the world a better place. You'll be using your positive thoughts as a shield to protect yourself (and your dreams) from the negativity around you. As an added benefit you'll feel better mentally and physically.
- If you want to have a positive attitude, the first thing you must do is work on your self-esteem. You must be self-assured, confident.
Focus on the positive aspects of yourself: What are your unique strengths, what have you accomplished? Try to be confident in knowing that change can only help you grow, which eventually also helps you boost your self-confidence and above all, believe you can make that change!
- You can also use visualization and affirmations to build images of yourself accomplishing the things you want and use those images to replace the negative thoughts. If you do it successfully, give yourself credit for it and for everything else you do right. Try to enjoy planning and learning the lessons as you advance in life.
You can handle problems better when you don't let negative thoughts take control over you and how you feel towards life.
- The best way is to have every positive expectation of your day and your life in general. Every day there is some kind of a problem that has to be thought out and solved. The best way to do it is to have the right approach.
- Try to look at the entire picture so you can make healthier decisions. Even through difficult times, try to focus your attention on the good things. Carrying a positive attitude will give you the energy and faith you need to solve the problems you face.
- And don't forget to be passionate about your goals, allow them to encourage you to persevere over obstacles. Meeting a goal, no matter how big or small, strengthens your confidence and self-esteem.
If something doesn't work as expected, or you feel overwhelmed, or even frustrated, take some time to reflect on it, but don't let it bring you down. Be on the look-out for new opportunities, learn the lesson and move on confidently.
As you can see, there are no negative aspects in adopting a positive attitude!
...And Even More Positive Thinking Tips PLUS Benefits!
- If you find yourself feeling sad or angry, you have to try to change the way you feel as soon as you can. Don't let things upset you, especially is they are completely out of your control.
- Set aside a couple of minutes every day to think about all the good things that you already have in your life, be grateful. This will generate good feelings for you that will last throughout the day. You can also engage in activities that give you positive stimuli and help you have a positive attitude, like playing with children, learning to play a music instrument, watching funny videos or movies, reading comics or spending a nice time with friends. Motivational audios, empowering books, uplifting music also help a great deal.
Extra final tip: Limit your exposure to negative people. Healthy relationships play a vital role if you want to be happy...Most people don't realize about it, but negative people are draining. If your family members or friends are dragging you down or holding you back, you have to make a choice...The choice may include removing these people from your life to the extent you can.
Yes, even if they are family members because they have the most effect on you.
(I myself had to do this, so I know it can be done, it's needed for your growth and it's worth doing it. I personally prefer sincere and positive people that support me and make me feel good.) Trust me when I say you can live productively without family or friends if need be, but one thing you don't want in your life is someone holding you back...But it is your call, you decide if you want to pay that (probably high) price.
So, tell me, what's not to like about having a positive attitude and developing the right mindset for success in life?
Do yourself a favor: Adopt a positive attitude today and you'll wonder why you didn't make the decision years ago!
As always, to your personal success,
In my case...
I can't think positively because...
Inspirational Quotes To Help You Develop A Positive Attitude:
Quotes can really get you inspired, here's what some brilliant minds said about the benefits of having a positive attitude...
- Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A word of optimism and hope. A “you can do it” when things are tough. Richard M. DeVos
- You can change your beliefs so they empower your dreams and desires. Create a strong belief in yourself and what you want. Marcia Wieder
- A man is what he thinks about all day long. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven. John Milton
- There are no limitations to the mind except those we acknowledge. Napoleon Hill
- Work joyfully and peacefully, knowing that right thoughts and right efforts will inevitable bring about right results. James Allen
© 2010 Denis Marsili