Colloidal Silver Proves Effective Against Ebola | Nanosilver Results are Positive
Update for readers ...
In August 2014 I first published this article and offered to donate a colloidal silver generator to be used against Ebola in African nations in an effort to stop the threatened Ebola pandemic. I expressed my belief that every local community should have access to a colloidal silver generator and pure water so they could create their own nanosilver / colloidal silver quickly and cost-effectively.
Well here's the update. Despite the best efforts of WHO and FDA authority figures to discredit colloidal silver (eg claiming it is a 'pesticide' and unsuitable for use as a natural remedy), it seems at least one nation has tried - and accepted - colloidal silver (aka nanosilver) as an effective tool in the fight against Ebola.
- Ebola Treatment Is Working According to Official In Sierra Leone, So Why Such Opposition? | Standard
Report in an African newspaper claiming colloidal silver aka nanosilver is effectively treating Ebola in Sierra Leone.
Colloidal Silver Approved Against Ebola
On October 21, it was reported that Nano Silver 10 PPM was officially approved by Sierra Leone’s Minister of Presidential and Public Affairs, (Honourable Alhaji Alpha Kanu), as a therapy against the deadly Ebola virus
Minister Kanu announced that based on clinical results in areas including Port Loko, nutrient Nano Silver 10 PPM (the same thing as the colloidal silver I described in my original article) had been declared an 'official approved therapy' for Ebola.
The Minister said, “There is no illness that doesn't have a cure. If you say that this illness does not get better, then that’s a lie because 500 people have gotten better ...We already have the beds and the medicines. Sheikh Massally--he is an Imam--in Atlanta, USA, has sent the nutrient Nano Silver. This works; people are getting better.”
- Sierra Leone: Nano Silver 10 PPM Now Official Ebola Therapy
Ebola-torn Sierra Leone announced today that it has approved nutrient Nano Silver 10 PPM as an Ebola therapy based on the positive results seen when it defied strong international pressure, testing nutrient Nano Silver 10 PPM in Ebola patients over t
- Loved ones, nation mourn latest Ebola victim in U.S.
A surgeon infected with Ebola while treating patients in Sierra Leone has died, multiple media outlets are reporting, the at Nebraska Medical Center.
Another Ebola Death in the US
The latest victim of Ebola to die in the US tested negative to Ebola after he became ill. Dr Martin Salia believed he must have been suffering malaria or typhoid after his false negative result.
In a case like Dr Salia's where a false negative result seemed to eliminate the fear of spreading ebola, one must wonder just what precautions were taken to isolate him in the days before Ebola was correctly identified.
Which then begs the question, what will happen when other volunteers, military personnel etc return to their homes? If they become ill and receive a negative result to a test for Ebola, will they be quarantined just in case it is a false negative ... or will they be considered less of a threat and treated accordingly?
Every American should read THIS!!!
- Do these ten pieces of evidence prove the U.S. government is actively encouraging an Ebola outbreak
Do these ten pieces of evidence prove the U.S. government is actively encouraging an Ebola outbreak in America?
My original article ...
When I first published this hub, it was under the heading "Is Silver a Possible Cure for Ebola?"
For those who are interested, here is the unedited text of my original article suggesting Colloidal Silver be examined as a possible weapon in the fight against Ebola.
Why Ebola is so dangerous
- BBC News - Why Ebola is so dangerous
The Ebola outbreak in West Africa is the world's deadliest to date. BBC News asks what the disease is and how it can be stopped.
As the world prepares for a threatened Ebola pandemic, it is time to:
- assess the Ebola threat, and
- identify possible cures.
Pharmaceutical companies say they have no cure for Ebola. However instead of just resigning ourselves to devastation in African countries (and, in time, our own local communities) it seems prudent to look further than drug companies for answers.
The big question we all need to answer in the face of Ebola crossing our borders and killing our own local populations is:
Do we accept 'there is no cure' for Ebola (and stop looking for one) - or do we instead say, "Pharmaceutical companies have no cure for Ebola - so let's look elsewhere!"
How big a threat is Ebola?
Do you feel vulnerable when hearing news about Ebola?
Might this cure Ebola?
What about trying Colloidal Silver against Ebola?
I use a diverse range of plants from Nature's medicine chest to treat all manner of medical ailments. When it comes to Ebola, however, I cannot think of any herb I would use with confidence.
There is only one alternative remedy I believe might have a chance of providing protection from Ebola and could, perhaps, even help fight the virus once it has taken hold.
I bought my first bottle of colloidal silver when talk of Super-Bugs and the ineffectiveness of antibiotics first began. At that time I was already very active in growing and using medicinal herbs and alternative therapies, but I went in search of anything else that might be useful to have on hand in the event of an emergency.
Quotes like this one caught my eye ...
“Today, many antibiotics are losing the battle with germs. Fortunately, the best germ killer, which was discovered over 2,000 years ago, is finally getting the proper attention from medical science – natural silver. I sincerely recommend that everyone have electrically generated silver in their home as an antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal agent.”
(Dr. Joseph Weissman, M.D., board certified immunologist and Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of California Medical School.)
So I bought a bottle and stored it away, just in case I was desperate and needed to use it.
When I raised the subject with others, I discovered colloidal silver could be used in many more ways than I'd previously imagined. So I actively began researching its uses and tried it for myself.
Today, watching news of Ebola deaths in African nations and faced with the possibility of an Ebola pandemic that could potentially cross oceans and spread to the homes of my friends and family, I am very pleased that I possess my own colloidal silver generator and therefore can make this natural antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal agent available to everyone within my community.
I would offer it as a preventative measure, but can't help but wonder if it would be useful even once Ebola has taken hold.
Colloidal silver is crystal clear like the pure water it is made with
Using Colloidal Silver in my home
Colloidal Silver is said to be effective treating 650 different medical conditions. I wouldn't know about that. There is however, a great deal of information about those claims on the internet - including links to research and medical studies if you are interested in learning more.
Here's some of the ways I choose to use colloidal silver in my home.
- I spray it on herbs, vegetables and trees in my orchard and vegetable garden for an extra healthy boost.
- I use it instead of chemicals when faced with scale, black spot etc in my organic garden. (Works a treat on the citrus trees.)
- Spray it in the bathroom to kill mould and mildew (but never use it my toilet because I'm a little worried about killing the good bacteria in my septic tank.) Probably worth mentioning my grey water does not enter the septic. :)
- Kill germs in the kitchen on counters and chopping boards. I also spray it on my knives, kitchen scissors etc.
- Our refrigerator gets a regular spray. Colloidal silver eliminates the mould most people have along the seals of their refrigerator doors and won't harm any food in the fridge.
- I occasionally add a little to the rinse water when doing the laundry, particularly for spare towels that will be folded and stored until the next time visitors come to stay - and tea towels that need to be fresh and germ-free in the kitchen.
- My youngest daughter uses it as a facial spray as soon as she spots a zit.
- We spray it on cuts and grazes. (That's all of us, including my husband who loses the occasional chunk of skin using tools in his workshop. lol.)
- Colloidal silver goes in the bathtub whenever there's a rash or itch or allergy.
- I soak our toothbrushes in colloidal silver. Not every night, but about once a week.
- When I burn myself in the kitchen, it is a toss up between using aloe vera and spraying with colloidal silver. Whichever one is closest is the one I use.
- Ever since I discovered one of my bottles of home-made chutney looked 'questionable' (after being hidden in the back of a cupboard for I-don't-how-many years) I've sprayed a little colloidal silver in the top of the jars before sealing them.
- I rarely use it to clean my own organic vegetables (compared to people who buy from stores and don't grow their own), but from time to time I choose to use colloidal silver instead of water.
- Our dog's water bowl gets a few drops. :)
- So does the water in the hen house.
- I spray the feet of our chickens whenever they start to show signs of scale.
- It is great for earache (using a dropper, not the spray.)
- Whenever we are feeling vulnerable during cold and flu season, we use colloidal silver. Just a little under the tongue, kept there for a while to allow it to be absorbed before swallowing.
- In our home there's plenty of colloidal silver so we get a top-up through general exposure, eliminating any need to actually drink it ... except for those times when we eat out and come home feeling like we won't be returning to 'that' restaurant again. :)
As you can see, I use a lot of colloidal silver.
If you don't have huge vegetable gardens, lots of fruit trees, a menagerie of animals and a lifestyle that includes storing and bottling your own home-grown food, you might be able to make a store-bought bottle of colloidal silver last long enough not to notice how expensive it is.
For me, however, purchasing a colloidal silver generator so I can produce my own remedy for bacteria, fungus and germs using pure (distilled) water made perfectly good sense.
Silver to fight Ebola
Medical Tests prove Silver is effective against Ebola
Since I began writing this article and researching whether anyone else shares my thoughts on the possibility of colloidal silver being an effective therapy for at least controlling the spread - and perhaps even curing Ebola patients - a doctor has come forward saying that laboratory tests have already proven silver is effective.
Dr Rima is currently trying to have her product of nano-silver (another name for colloidal silver) to be used in some of the African countries with Ebola outbreaks.
However there is suspicion and concern about what ingredients are found in her 'nano silver' and even other colloidal silvers provided in bottles.
Well, I can see a simple solution to that problem. :)
Dr Rima's claims about Ebola Cure
"This research was conducted by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) of the United States Department of Defense. DTRA’s research showed that 10PPM ... was by far the most effective dose for killing the Ebola Virus"
Fear of 'Nano Silver'
- Nano Silver? Nigeria's Potential Ebola Treatment Unlikely to Work - Yahoo News
From Yahoo News: Eight Ebola patients in Nigeria will be treated with an experimental drug called Nano Silver, the Nigerian minister of health said, according to news reports.
Just silver and pure water!
Follow the link I have provided to Dr Rima's page outlining research proves Ebola can be cured by nano silver (another name for colloidal silver) and you'll see Dr Rima claims "This research was conducted by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) of the United States Department of Defense. DTRA’s research showed that 10PPM, not 25PPM or 50PPM was by far the most effective dose for killing the Ebola Virus."
The type of colloidal silver generator I use generates 10PPM. It can be tested with a meter. (I don't use a home-made generator. I bought what I believe to be the best, most accurate, and most reliable colloidal silver generator available anywhere in the world ... and a meter to test that it is both accurate and reliable!)
I will happily purchase the same colloidal silver generator I use in my home and donate it to Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) so they can use it to produce the remedy for widespread use - much more cheaply than buying packaged bottles.
- It is obvious to anyone using this generator that the only ingredients are silver and water. Absolutely nothing else is added.
- The generator can be used connected to a power source (with an adaptor to an Australian plug) or - even better in the conditions in which Ebola is being treated - it can be attached to any battery source with simple negative and positive leads.
- I will also purchase and provide a tester that clearly indicates the level/density of silver particles in the water.
- With a colloidal silver generator, lots of patients could be treated. The only additional expense is Distilled Water.
- It could be sprayed on patients or added to bathwater. Infected Ebola patients could soak in it if medical authorities were reluctant to administer it as a 'medicine'. (Not likely to be as effective, but certainly worth a try.)
If you are going to buy colloidal silver, I suggest you buy 10ppm - not the other stronger solutions. I wouldn't use anything stronger than 10ppm internally.
For near on one hundred years we have allowed the pharmaceutical industry to be the self-proclaimed 'experts' on health issues.
Those with a chronic or terminal illness wait for news of the latest discovery by a drug company, then pay a small fortune to buy the product in the hope it will help, and say little or nothing about the lengthy list of possible side effects - even if the list includes 'death'.
Because we have been indoctrinated for so long to believe that drug companies hold the only hope, most people simply accept as their reality that possible cures come with possible complications.
Looking beyond Pharmaceutical products
It is generally desperation that inspires us to look beyond pharmaceutical products for a solution to a killer disease. Cancer is an obvious example. The vast majority of cancer patients accept there is little chance their mainstream treatment will cure them, and hope instead for just a few more years. Time to see their kids grow up, a grandchild born, or for some simply their next birthday.
Meanwhile others with cancer choose to explore alternative treatment options because they are desperate to live longer than the prognosis they've been given. Some die, and it is tempting for onlookers to blame the treatment option instead of the disease. (Not something they'd do had the patient had chemotherapy, radiation etc and still died.)
Some are successfully cured, but their stories are scoffed at and word of their success doesn't spread far.
Instead of being applauded and consulted about their experience, cancer survivors who have managed to completely clear their bodies of all signs of disease are rarely taken seriously if their cure cannot be attributed to mainstream medicine.
If Ebola remains uncontrolled
Cancer is not contagious or infectious so there is little threat to entire communities if cancer is not controlled. Ebola, however, has the potential to spread around the world quickly and effectively.
Left unchecked, Ebola could potentially cause widespread death in your home and your community - no matter where you live.
If Ebola remains uncontrolled, we are all at risk.
What Scientists said about stopping Ebola 5 years ago
- BBC News | Health | Ebola cure hope
A plant has been found to halt the deadly Ebola virus in its tracks in laboratory tests, scientists have said.
Bitter Kola (Garcinia Kola)
For a while it appeared that Garcinia Kola (a native tree in Africa commonly called Bitter Kola) held the cure for Ebola.
In August 1999 - a full 15 YEARS before the current Ebola outbreak - the world was told that Bitter Kola has the ability to 'halt' Ebola.
Britain's BBC News reported, "A plant has been found to halt the deadly Ebola virus in its tracks in laboratory tests, scientists have said. They used a compound from Garcinia kola, a plant commonly eaten in West Africa."
The announcement was made during the 16th International Botanical Congress in St Louis in the US and the exciting news circled the globe.
Anyone with just a passing interest in natural therapies would be aware that nature often provides a cure to a problem within the same environment. You rarely have to travel very far once you know what to look for.
For instance if you brush up against a Stinging Nettle in Scotland, look around for a Dock leaf. The crushed dock provides quick relief to the rash and burn of the nettle.
Similarly if you a stung by a jellyfish on the edge of the ocean, try rubbing a handful of sand over it.
15 years ago Dr Maurice Iwu, head of the Bioresources Development and Conservation Programme that led the research said, "The same forest that yields the dreaded Ebola virus could be a source of the cure."
I am not a doctor, but that single line about the cure being yielded by the same forest that yields the dreaded Ebola virus sounded extremely encouraging.
'The Royal Horticultural Society Encyclopedia of Herbs' states "It has been estimated that 80 percent of African plants have medicinal uses". It is possible that Bitter Kola or one of the many other local plants might hold the key to Ebola, but there is no accepted evidence at this time.
Little more was reported about the Garcinia Kola trials, but Dr Maurice Iwu became branded as dishonest and unreliable after a few brushes with the law and presumably his medical 'discovery' was either proven to be false - or was simply ignored. Somehow guilty by association.
What else other than Silver might cure Ebola?
I sincerely hope the Ebola deaths can be halted, patients cured, and the disease stopped from spreading.
A great deal has been written about Colloidal Silver (aka Nano Silver) and the history of silver being used medicinally (including children of the rich and royalty sucking on silver spoons to protect them from the plague), so if you'd like to learn more about my suggestion just check the internet.
Meanwhile if anyone else has an idea for another of nature's remedies that might prove useful in curing Ebola, please mention it in the comments. We need to put our collective heads together to address this problem as quickly as we can.
More by LTM on the topic of Ebola ...
- Prepping for Ebola Virus - What should I buy?
How to prepare to cope with Ebola virus? Here's the basics I recommend including antiviral foods. If you think the risk deserves serious prepping, buy them now. Don't wait until it is too late.
- Preppers Guide to Medicinal Herbs | How Do Herbs Help?
When prepping for potential disasters, choose appropriate herbal remedies. My list explains how and why specific herbs can help your family in a survival situation - with Ebola threat as an example.
- Ebola Virus in USA | How safe is your family?
Ebola sufferer Amber Vinson flew between States on a Frontier Airlines flight, so the Ebola virus may already be spreading into other US states. How safe is your family?
© 2014 LongTimeMother