Pre diabetic symptoms as explained in ayurveda
The following symptoms are explained in ayurveda as pre diabetic symptoms.
- Bad body odour
- Liking towards sedentary lifestyle.
- Increased sleeping hours.
- Increased hair and nail growth.
- Dryness of palate, tongue and throat.
- Increased thirst.
- Burning sensation in feet and palms.
- Ant creeping sensation in extremities.
- Heaviness of chest area.
During this phase blood glucose levels are slightly high. Few people may develop a skin condition called acanthosis nigricans .This condition manifests as dark patches on skin.
Lifestyle to be adopted to reverse pre diabetes
- Exercise daily- Exercising daily for 30 minutes can work wonders. It helps to lose weight, increase blood circulation and help to overcome laziness.
- Reduce weight- Weight loss helps to reverse pre diabetic phase. Healthy diet low in calories and rich in nutrients helps to achieve good weight loss. Include 30 minutes of exercise in your routine.
- Avoid sweets and fat- Sweets and fat increase body weight and exert stress on pancreas.
- Quit smoking- Smoking damages body tissues and delays repairing or reversing process of pre diabetic condition.
- Stop alcohol consumption.
- Relax and practice Yoga and Meditation.- - Yoga and meditation play a great role in reducing stress level and releasing of feel good hormones. Feel good hormones accelerate tissue repairing process.