- Women's Health
Pregnant Belly Art: Paint Your Belly! Be The Work of Art.
Tree of Life
Belly art is a wonderful way to celebrate, honor, and create a piece of art work reflecting the amazing journey of pregnancy. While someone else applies the paint, mother's usually feel relaxed and enjoy being pampered. Belly art allows for the mother to take time and focus on her belly, pregnancy, and new life within. The process offers a restful and joyous experience in the last trimester that can help women embrace and celebrate their transformation and express the work of art that she is.
A painted belly is ideal for mothers who have stretch marks and may be embarrassed of the marks. A painted belly would hide the marks under the paint so she can have a beautiful pregnancy picture.
Painted belly art is also ideal for mother's who do not want to keep a permanent belly cast. However, the pictures taken provides a lifetime of memories.
Painted Belly Kit
Paints To Buy
Use paints, glitter and gems that are FDA approved, hypo-allergenic, water-based, and non-toxic. I highly recommend Snazaroo paint. The quality is great and washes off leaving no stains.
For the mom to be, the smoothness of the warm water brushes and paint are soothing and relaxing as they are applied.
Let your belly be a canvas of your imagination, capturing the special bond with the baby inside. Perhaps the image will reflect a season, a passion, or insights of who this little one may become.
Ideas for painted belly art:
- Family tree
- Stars and Moon
- Winter Wonderland
- Soccer Ball
- Tennis Ball
- Favorite Sports Teams
- 4th of July, flag and fire works
- Easter Egg
- Baby's Name
- Hand prints of older children
Animals and Insects
- Fish underwater
- Fish bowl
- Peas in a Pod
- Smiley Face
How to Paint A Pregnant Women's Belly
Here are some important reminders when getting ready to paint a pregnant women's belly. I have done this for years.
- Make sure mom is comfortable through the process. Either sitting, laying down or some might be able to stand if the painting will not take a long time
- Play music
- Have fun
- Mom dressed for photos before painting begins
- Mom's makeup and hair done before painting begins
- Have camera ready and ideas of where you want the photo to be taken
- Open and prepare paints on a side table near by
- Container of warm water
- Extra towels, wash clothes
- Paint brushes and sponges
- Have picture of the image you would like to paint (Pick a picture or theme you feel you are talented enough to do.)
- Be at a spot where there is good lighting
- Tuck towels or paper towels around the mother's clothes so they will be protected while you paint.
- Dip your brush or sponge in the water
- Start with the base color first
- Add details on top of base colors (For example if you are painting a baseball, you would completely paint the white in the circle. Than you would add the red threads on top of the white.)
- If you make a mistake, dip a washcloth or towel in water and wipe it off. You can always start again.
- Keep adding paint until you are satisfied with the image.
- Once image is completed it is time to have fun.
- Take multiple pictures in several settings
- This is a once in a lifetime event. With digital camera's you can not take too many pictures. You can always edit the pictures later.
- Use your flash at times, and do not use your flash. Play around and have fun.
© Copyright Carly Sullens 2012. All Rights Reserved.