Premature Graying of Hair –Ayurveda & My experience
Graying of hair is a normal part of the aging process and when it starts is depends one genetic inheritance. But now a day’s premature graying of hair is a common problem. And if someone has premature graying of hair than it’s time to pay attention to the root cause.
Causes for Premature Graying
There are many causes, some of them is as below.
- Hereditary- The major cause of premature graying of hair.
- Stress, tension, anger, anxiety and wakefulness also affect on hair.
- Excessive intake of Spicy and sour food; oily food,
- Excessive consumption of alcohol, tea or coffee.
- Certain medical conditions like typhoid, anemia, Hypothyroidism or Prolonged illness
- Excess use of harsh shampoo, conditioners, hair gel or hair color, using hair dryer
- Continuous exposure to hit or sun
- Eat lots of fresh green leafy vegetables & fruits (Like broccoli, spinach, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, pumpkin and apricots, Amla-indian Gooseberry, Pomegrenate, ).
- Drink Carrot and Indian gooseberry (amla) juice every day, this will help definitely.
- Eating Sesame (Til) seeds and Fenugreek (Methi) regularly
- Massage with sesame oil or almond oil regularly into the hair roots.
- Dudhi juice, khava ane lagava ma
Panchkarma like Virechana, Nasya and Shirodhara are also very useful for gray hair.
Virechan: Balance vitiated PITTA DOSHA, so helps to reduce gray hair.
Nasya: best oil for Nasya is Shadbindu Oil, Neem oil or Yashtimadhu Oil.
Shirodhara: SHirodhara is highly effective for gray hair. Shirodhara with Bhringraj Oil, or Neeli Oil can help to reduce hair fall and gray hair.
This all procedure should be done with guidance of specialize Ayurveda Physician.
Hair Massage: regular massage hair with Til Oil(prepared with Amla- Indian Gooseberry, Neem and Yashtimadhu- Liquorice)
Apply Ghee (made from cow milk) before sleep on bottom of the feet with bronze vessel, this will definitely help to convert gray hair into black.
Along with all these yoga practice can also helps. Yoga like Pranayam, Sarvangasan, Shirshasana, Halasan can increase the blood circulation to the scalp. However, make sure that you do this yoga practice with the help of yoga instructor.
As per Ayurveda premature graying of hair is due to vitiation of PITTA DOSHA. And Ayurveda says that stress, tension, anger, anxiety, spicy and sour food, oily food, alcohol etc are main cause of PITTA DOSHA vitiation.
At the age of the 20 when I was in 2nd year of my collage, I have lots of gray hair. So as a ayurveda student I decided to try ayurveda medicines, and started research. Finally, I found it. First of all I have to do VIRECHANA- A Panchkarma Procidure. It is about 20 days procedure, and it can balance PITTA DOSHA. Meanwhile I have prepared one medicine called AAMALAKI RASAYAN (Description is given below) in power form, and take daily in morning with ghee and sakar for continuous for two years-24 months. I know its long time but you have to fight against aging process, so it takes some time. And every night rub cow ghee on bottom of the foot (for 2 years). And slowly slowly I got result, within 3 months new gray hair, hair fall stopped, and after 5-6 months gray hair started to convert in black hair. And after 2 years my all hair is black. After completing my study I tried this on many patients and they all get good result. Thanks to AYURVEDA.
Take fine Amla- Indian Gooseberry powder, process it with Amla-Indian Gooseberry juice, continue this process 21 times and medicine is ready.
All information provided here is for awareness purpose only. before trying any of this please consult your nearest Ayurveda Physician and check your constitution, after that if they suggest you can try.