The Reason why a Quarter of UK population are Obese
In January 2012, Statistics revelead that a quarter of UK’s population is Obese. Britain has been dubbed the fattest nation in Europe, according to Newspapers. Quite scary. However, I don’t think all fingers should be pointed at the people in the Country. Over the years, people have become bigger, children blow up faster in size, but what many don’t know is, that more dangerous chemicals are being put in our food, which affect our genes. Some bodies can deal with it, but some bodies can’t and are quick to absorb fat.
Examples of one such Chemical is MSG – (Monosodium glutamate)
Often found in fast food snacks such as Mcdonalds, Kentucky fried chicken and more. MSG is a flavour enhancer. It enhances food to the Maximum, so that customers keep coming back for more. It’s also hard to spot on food labels because it is cloaked by other products. See list below for unhealthy ingredients.
Fact: fact: when doctors need obese mice for experiments, they pump them full of MSG at a young age and let them grow up. The rats turn out to be huge.
How do we avoid / cut down on Obesity?
(We all know this, but just need to discipline our bodies to take action)
- Eat Healthy – Cut down on Fast Foods. We don’t have to avoid them altogether, but 3 to 4 times a week is not a good idea.
- Mind the Portions of food we eat.
- Consume lots of Fruit and Vegetable.
- Drink lots of water. It not only flushes toxins out of the body but keeps one full, so we are not always hungry.
- Exercise / Walk / Ride a bike / Climb /Swim / Dance / Be active / Get moving, join me in London Olympics2012 to clap and cheer for athletes... all good exercise.
- Detox – but do it the right way.
- Get a Gastric Belt (for extreme Obesity)
Ps: Don’t just take my word for MSG. For more detailed info, Visit: http://www.msgtruth.org/
In Summary - we can't point all fingers at the population and I'm sure it's the same in America. The Food industry should stop meddling with our food. It makes people get fat too quickly.