Rare habits to lose weight
The Academy of Nutrition and Diet has proven that there are alternative weight loss methods in addition to the usual ones. Fortunately some of these alternative methods include food that are not only delicious, they are also include dishes that are considered fattening. Let's see below for a list of food most people who never consider as being part of their diet.
- Cake: Yes, you read right! A study by a Tel Aviv University found that people who consume a carbohydrate at the end of breakfast lose more weight than those who start the day with food low in sugar and low in calories. People who participated were given a cookie, slice of cake or chocolate doughnut. They reported that they were less hungry and had no cravings for the day. After 8 months of testing most people lost around 45 pounds.
- Milk: An investigation of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that people who take a half cup of milk a day lost twice as much weight as those who only take half cup.This is because the milk provides vitamin D which is associated with weight loss.
- Lettuce: Green leafy vegetables are the best to raise your metabolic rate. In addition to this, lettuce is low in calories and helps you eliminate cravings for most of the day.
- Soup: According to several studies, eating a low-calorie soup before a meal will reduce your calorie intake by 20% of the food the eat directly afterwards. This only applies for soup with a healthy tomato or vegetable base. A pasta based soup may do the opposite.
- Bitter chocolate: This is much more filling than milk chocolate , very rich for any dessert and a great snack that surprisingly can help you lose a lot of weight. As part of an experiment, people who consumed 100 grams of dark chocolate before eating pizza consumed 16% fewer calories than the people who didn't eat chocolate. Also, the people who ate the chocolate before the meal had less cravings throughout the day.
- Apple: These contain pectin which helps to boost your metabolism and burn fat at a faster rate. Just one apple in the morning will help you feel more energized throughout the day. To many may be a little heavy on your stomach though
- Blueberries: All berries are good for you but blueberries work the best. They contain a large amount of antioxidants and fiber, which helps clean out your system. Try adding them to your cereal eat them for snacks.
What method have you successfully lost weight?
Detoxify and lose weight
Hot Water and Lemon
It is well known that lemon contains cleansing properties, and also helps to burn calories. Therefore taking lemon water (sugar) in the morning is a good way to fight disease, lose weight, stimulate digestion and cleanse the liver. Replace your coffee tea with lemon water or plain water to keep healthy.
Fiber sends all the toxins to the bottom of your body in order to eliminate them. By consuming large amounts of foods with fiber, it will not only help with constipation but can also detoxify your body.
Vitamin C helps the production of Glutathione, a compound that drives away all the toxins. It also assists with the proper function of your liver. Vitamin C can be found in peppers, kiwi, strawberries, lemons, oranges, broccoli and more.
- Diet Snacks Guide - Best Munchies for Dieting
Despite myths, snacking can actually be a good way to maintain a healthy weight; it’s better to eat less at a time more often throughout the day. However, your choice of munchies can prove to be your downfall. Dieting might sound like a daunting task
- Dieting Mistakes that Women Make and How to Lose the...
Losing weight is something that many people struggle with. Unfortunately, there are many dieting myths that can actually hinder your chances of losing weight. This article will debunk those myths and give you advice about what to do instead.