Rash on Stomach - Pictures, Treatment, Symptoms, Causes
Pictures of Rash on Stomach
A rash on your stomach is pretty common but they can affect your skin in a way that harms your skin. They can make your skin red, bumpy, itchy, blistered, or cracked. There are many different reasons that you can get a rash on your stomach. It could indicate that it is a body-wide condition or that something is happening around your stomach.
Depending on what is causing the rash on your stomach will help determine what symptoms you may have.
Localized symptoms that may accompany the rash on your stomach
- Discharge or pus
- Pain or tenderness
- Swelling, redness, or warmth
Other body system symptoms that may accompany the rash on your stomach
- Chills and fever
- Pain and stiffness in your joints
- Throat that is sore
- Nose that is runny
Symptoms that may indicate a condition that is life-threatening that accompany the rash on your stomach.
- Change in the level of alertness or consciousness.
- Chills and fever over one hundred one degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stiffness and pain in your joints.
- Breathing or respiratory problems like shortness of breath, wheezing, not able to breathe, etc.
- Swelling of your face, tongue, or lips that happen suddenly.
- Constriction or tightness in your throat.
- Symptoms get worse in spite of treatment.
There are many different reasons that a person may have a rash on their stomach. Some of those reasons may be:
- Allergies - this is one of the most common causes of having a rash on your stomach. There are two types of allergies that can cause this type of rash. One of the allergies is caused to due to medications and the other is contract dermatitis. When a person has contact dermatitis gets the allergy because of exposure to different t allergens such as cosmetics, detergents, poison oak or ivy, industrial chemicals, etc.
- Eczema - it is a skin disorder that is chronic and is also known as atopic dermatitis. It is a hereditary disorder and causes severe itching and appears as a dry, red, scaly, itchy rash. It will usually appear on your legs and arms but it sometimes causes the rash on your stomach.
- Psoriasis - this is another common cause of having a rash on your stomach. It is a non-contagious rash and it is thought to be an autoimmune disorder. It can also spread to other parts of your body.
- Infections - there are two different infections that can cause a rash on your stomach. The infections could be fungal or bacterial. The most common bacterial skin infection is called impetigo. It is caused by staph or strep germs and is usually found in children. Not so common are fungal infections. The reason is they are not contagious and not transmitted from direct contact with pets or people. Other infections that could cause a rash on your stomach would be mumps, ringworm, scarlet fever, measles, rubella, chickenpox, and roseola.
- Scabies - this is caused from mites. They ender the outer layer of your skin and then lay their eggs, feeding mostly on your blood. The rash from scabies is very itchy and will cause blistering of your skin along with redness.
- Food allergies
- Insect bites
Before you can begin treatment you need to know what is causing the rash on your skin. If the rash is caused by an infection your physician may prescribe using antibacterial or antifungal creams. If it is a reaction to a certain medication the physician may stop the medication and try you on a different one. Until you can get to see a doctor there are some home remedies that you can try.
- You can treat the area with cold water to help stop the itching. Wet a cloth in cold water and apply to the rash on your stomach.
- You can also use cold yogurt to help soothe the area that is infected.
- You can take a cool bath and add baking soda or oatmeal to the water.
- You can also use aloe Vera to cool the burning sensation down.
- For a sting or insect bite, make a paste of meat tenderizer and water and add to the infected area.
The one thing that you want to remember to not do is scratch the area as this could cause an infection. It will also make the itchy rash on your stomach worse. Make sure that you visit your physician for a proper diagnosis of what is causing the rash on your stomach so you can get started on the right treatment.