Reasons Why Honey Should Be A Part Of Your Lifestyle
Role of Honey In People's Life
Honey has been making wonders for several decades now. Who would have thought that this simple sweetener could be the key to a healthy, beautiful life? Why should you seek highly expensive medical procedures when all along honey which has been there in your kitchen cupboard could be the solution for a youthful glowing skin and a healthy life?
For some people they might be thinking that honey benefits are just too good to be true. But in fact, it is one of nature’s products that work wonders because of its chemical composition like complex sugars, carbohydrates, water, vitamins and minerals, amino acids and antioxidants. Honey has scientific super powers that bring numerous health benefits for a holistic health.
Whether applied externally or taken internally, honey is a great source of nutrition. It is powerful solution for any bacterial and fungal infections because of its antibacterial and antifungal properties. Here are some of the many benefits that honey could give to the body.
Honey as a Part of Your Beauty Habit
With so many beauty products in the market, it is so hard to choose what beauty product to use that works magic in answering almost all your beauty and skin care needs. These are the reasons why honey is a useful part of your beauty routine.
- Anti-aging. Honey is a humectant. It pulls in the moisture from the air to the skin which keeps the skin soft and moisturized. Furthermore, it also works great as an exfoliant that get rid of dead skin cells due to its sugar base alpha-hydroxy acid properties and it corrects skin tone and promote skin elasticity which smoothen fine lines and wrinkles.
- Anti-inflammation and treat wounds and burns. Honey has a natural antibiotic property that can be used in treating wounds and burns. It disinfects minor wounds and sores to get rid of major bacteria. It is also promotes fast healing and minimize scarring as it hydrates, soften and soothes the skin.
- Hair conditioning. Honey has a certain hair conditioning properties that if mixed properly with other natural ingredients can provide a healthy hair. Additionally, its antibacterial property can also be used to treat dandruff and other dermatitis conditions on the scalp. Plus, it hydrates and keep the hair moisturized.
- Acne Treatment. As mentioned, honey has a great antibacterial property which can get rid of acne-causing bacteria. This wonderful nature’s product can also minimize blemish and acne scars and smooth skin.
- Minimize Dark Circle. Honey is known to pull moisture in the air to the skin and in effect it provides a plumping effect that can minimize the appearance of dark circles. Applying honey can also make your skin younger and refreshed and it can soften fine lines.
Honey As A Health Care Regimen
The medicinal value of honey has been known and use for several centuries and even during the ancient Egyptian period. This nature’s product is known for its loaded anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that can treat infections, relieves other health conditions and heal the whole body.
- Relieves Allergies. Although there are no direct studies regarding honey that can relieve or alleviate allergies, its anti-inflammatory effect is believed to also relieve the symptoms of allergies. There has been theory is that honey has this natural vaccine.
- Aids in Sleeping. You can relieve sleepless nights through honey intake. Honey can increase insulin and release serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter that improves mood and would make you feel happy. Then, a body converts this serotonin into a melatonin that is responsible in regulating the length and the quality of sleep.
- Memory Booster. Honey is also loaded with antioxidants which can help in preventing cellular damage and loss within the brain as you get older. A 2011 study published in Menopause has found out honey can boost memory of post menopausal women by providing alternative therapy for the decline in intellectual-memory due to hormonal problems.
- Natural Energy Drink. Honey is the perfect solution if you need a quick energy booster. Honey is a naturally unprocessed sugar (fructose and glucose) that when it enters the bloodstream can boost energy through the rise blood sugar. This is perfect for short-term energy source, during workouts and exercises that need longer endurance.
- Soothes Cough. If you need an effective an all natural cure for irritating could due to colds, take two teaspoons of honey. Honey is believed to relieve cough because of its thickness that coats the throat and the sweetness that trigger the nerve endings to protect the through from the annoying and non-stop coughing.
The Gift Of Nature
Honey is one of the nature’s gifts to people. Studies show that honey is better than antibiotics, but aside from that there are still hundreds or maybe thousands of benefits that this sweet nectar can bring to the skin and to the whole body that are yet to be discovered. But one thing is for sure, honey is an all-in-one skin, beauty and health product.