- Diet & Weight Loss
Reasons Why you Don't Need to Count Calories?
Most of the people who live out there in the world, especially the ones who are concerned about losing weight quickly tend to count their calorie intake while having every single meal. However, health care and nutritional experts say that you don’t need to count your calories. Here is a list of few reasons that would justify the fact why you don’t need to count calories.
- First of all, you need to remember that counting calories would eliminate the joy of eating from your mind. Your meal times are meant to be enjoyed, not to get stressed. Therefore, you shouldn’t focus on counting your calories while having the meals. Instead, you should try to enjoy every single bit of having your meals.
- From the recent studies, it has been identified that people who count calories tend to end up with consuming packaged processed food items. They would not get the need to eat something fresh because they don’t have a clear understanding on how many calories are contained in it. It is true that you can easily see how much calories you consume by taking a quick look at the package. However, you would be able to consume a lesser number of calories from fresh food items.
- Even though it is possible for you to count calories before every single meal that you consume, it doesn’t assure that you are getting all the nutrients required for your body. In order to maintain your overall health and wellbeing, you would need to consume an array of nutrients. When you focus your attention on calorie counting, you would miss out taking a balanced meal, which caters the nutritional requirements of your body.
- When you start counting calories, you would forget your natural sensitivity cues. The human body is adapted accordingly to notify us naturally while we are hungry. When we are consuming food, the body would naturally let us know that we are full. However, calorie counting would keep you away from it. As a result, you would start challenging the natural sensitivity cues of your body, which can lead you towards a variety of illnesses in the long run.
- The reason why most of the people count calories is to reach their weight loss objectives. As per the nutritional experts, this method would never assist you to reach your weight loss objectives in the long run. This fact has been verified from a variety of studies as well. Therefore, it would be a good idea to put your body on the “autopilot” mode while you are consuming food.
- Last but not least, you should keep in mind that counting calories is not in a position to address the root cause of obesity. We don’t tend to consume food just because we need to fuel up our bodies. Sometimes, we eat because of emotional feelings and boredom as well. Therefore, you will not be able to get rid of obesity with calorie counting.