Reasons to love bald(ing) guys~
Researchers found that men with shaved heads are perceived to be more masculine and dominant, not to mention "on average one inch taller, and able to bench press 15 more pounds than other men," – Eric McLaughlin, ABC News
Well, the perception is maybe because generally, we associate shaved heads with stereotyped masculine professions like police, firefighting, military, sports and even celebrity hunks like Bruce Willis, Pittbull, David Beckham, et al.
"God only made a few perfect heads, and the rest He covered with hair." - - Anonymous
Baldness is nature’s gift and I personally think it’s sexy! My hubby is now balding. More often he’s doesn’t fret about it although there are times that he still gets conscious about it. I can’t blame him and I can only assure him that I love him nevertheless. After all, we’ve been together for 26 years now. Mind you, he’s one hairy guy except on his head. So, when that feeling of low self-esteem strikes him, I’d remind him to think of Bruce Willis, Yul Brynner, Vin Diesel or even David Beckham who once made a fashion statement from being skinhead to baldie.
Ah, the shine of an emerging bald patch. Well, what’s the big deal to being a baldie and why fret? Accept the fact and be hassle free. As I said, it is a gift of nature. Move on with your life. It isn't the end of the world. After all, bald is clean and beautiful these days and having no hair is extremely easy and carefree!
“All things old become new again. In my youth the athletes had crew cuts and the hippies had long hair. Now the athletes have long hair and the hippies are bald.” - Harley King
Don't you think Bruce Willis is baldie hot?
Well, of course baldness is not something very pleasant for everyone and much as I personally find it sexy not many men would want to be bald. Now, don’t get me wrong. I still think great full hair is attractive.
Did you know?
The national bird of America is called, the BALD EAGLE. Apparently, they named it after some American bald guys because Bald Eagles are not actually bald. The name however, simply originated from an older meaning of "white headed”.
However, let’s talk about the fringe benefits of having no fringe. Okay, let me be more straightforward…eggheads and the reasons I love my baldie.
- No falling hair around the house (except mine) - This is one of my pet peeves. I don’t like to see hair on the floor. And yes, I vacuum everyday! Of course, we cannot avoid it but because hubby is now a baldie, it means the only hair I see on the floor is mine and there’s not much, which means less vacuuming!
- No flakes – Now he can go sporting his dark shirts without fuzz. No more annoying question: “Do I have something on my shirt?” giving him some peace of mind. And most of all, no more flakes on the pillows.
- Saves money - from sitting in a salon or in a barbershop for a haircut. As well as to buying shampoo and other hair products. Obviously, he doesn’t have to use shampoo and all that hair products out there be it expensive or not because overtime, not using shampoo and all those hair products lead to saving money. Hence, he could spend his money on some other finer things in life (for us) like a bottle of red wine maybe?
- Saves time fixing hair – let’s admit it, even those with a “who cares” attitude takes time to comb their hair, much more for the vain ones. So, consider the time that my baldie is saving from shampooing, drying and hair styling. Clearly, baldies have more advantage of saving time from the shower to getting dressed right away. My hubby can be ready in five minutes allowing him to sleep in a bit more. No exaggeration!
- No bad hair days – What is there to explain on this line? Oh yes, no more hair sticking out or up on its end upon waking up in the morning. Easy!
"A big advantage of being bald is that you can style your hair with a damp cloth." - Anonymous
Researchers have found that men who start balding at a young age are up to 45 percent less likely to fall victim to prostate cancer later in life. – Daily mail, UK
Bald men and sex
Apparently so too, bald men are said to be better in bed or so perceived. Now, this is maybe a myth but did you know that the only FDA approved pill to spike up hair growth could cause erectile dysfunction, impotence and other permanent sexual glitches? So, why bother?
Let your head shine!
I think it is cool being bald and I’d rather have my baldie than one who wears some toupees to cover his noggins. I think bald guys are open and honest than those who try to cover the spot. Nothing is more embarrassing than for people to discover you’re wearing a wig or obviously wearing a bad toupee that looks like a hairy rag slapped on top of your head. So, when you notice those hairlines receding, stop tricking your self. Being completely bald is a lot better than being half bald or worst impotent. Just go for it, shave it and embrace it!
Do you find them
Summing it up, baldies are low maintenance guys and more environmentally friendly. Indeed, life without hair is a lot easier to take! No mess even if it rains and this is why I love my baldie!
"Be bald! Be happy!" - Crowned Regal
Other hubs by the author:
- Haiku ~ First Attempt
While some of us go for a walk to find inspirations to write a poem, I found my inspiration at my own backyard on haiku style...
- Marriage: 25 years and still juicy!
Written based on the author's personal account, may this article serve to contribute and prove that marriage can stay fresh over time...
- The Rhythm and Blues of House Cleaning~
Household chores, dust the surface, mop the floor, wash the dishes, dispose the rubbish for many is quite a burden but it’s a part of life one cannot escape. Keeping your home hygienic and presentable could sometimes feel like a daunting task...
Copyright @CrisSp~TM/12-2013. Fearless but not Heartless!
© 2013 CrisSp