How to Remove a Difficult Wood or Glass Splinter from Your Foot
How to Remove Difficult Splinters
I discovered this method of removing splinters a few years ago.
A glass had been smashed a few weeks earlier and although I'd been very careful to vacuum up the shards obviously I'd been remiss. I found I had a splinter of glass in the ball of my foot. My initial attempts to remove it had failed and now I found it almost impossible to put any weight on my foot and walk.
The next day I had planned to travel to London to a very important meeting. It looked like I'd have to cancel - I'd have to get medical assistance instead. Fortunately (extremely fortunately as it turned out) a friend called. Despite my anguish and pain I politely enquired how she was. "Fine" came the predictable answer. She politely enquired about me only to get the very unpredictable answer - boo hoo - "I've a splinter in my foot, I can't walk and I'll have to cancel my meeting tomorrow!"
But the meeting went ahead. My friend told me how to remove the splinter. What is more, she told me how to remove it painlessly - I'd imagined a local aesthetic and a scalpel and was incredulous when the method she shared involved neither. To tell the truth, I gave it a go only because I had the necessary ingredients to hand - it was one of those situations in which there was nothing to lose. Here is the method my friend imparted, it worked on the very difficult splinter of glass in the ball of my foot and has since worked with a less difficult wooden splinter.
A Miraculous Way to Remove a Splinter
You will need:
- about a teaspoon of Vicks' Vapour Rub
- 1 large plaster
- clean the dry the area of skin around the splinter
- apply the Vicks' Vapour Rub to the splinter's area
- stick the plaster over the area - you may need to bandage the plaster on - it is very important that the plaster does not come off
- leave for a few hours or overnight
- remove the plaster carefully - the splinter will have worked its way out and be on the plaster
- dispose of the plaster carefully
Also see my Cheap Natural Cure for a Tickly Cough on hubpages:
Stop a Cough with an Oninion...