ArtsAutosBooksBusinessEducationEntertainmentFamilyFashionFoodGamesGenderHealthHolidaysHomeHubPagesPersonal FinancePetsPoliticsReligionSportsTechnologyTravel

Repressed Dreamscapes

Updated on January 2, 2016
Source

Repressed Memories

Volume 7, Issue 9

http://hub.me/ak3EJ

January 2, 2016

Repressed memories are also part of our mind-brains mechanism to save or prevent our bodies and minds from harm.

Repressed memories also are formed and fired off from the electrons in our brains and they could be conjured up in our electric dreamscapes at any time or any time in the future. The mechanism that is in our brain reverts to a safeguard in our mind, in high trauma situations or when it is too horrific to our minds to comprehend.

Wikipedia describes repressed memory as memories being associated with a high level of stress or trauma. The theory postulates that even though the individual cannot recall the memory, it may still be affecting them consciously. The repressed memories are memories that have been unconsciously blocked.

Being a victim of a violent crime, witnessing a crime, or even having a frightful experience that digs deep into your psyche can bring about repressed memories and quite frankly come out at any time during a dreamscape. When we sleep it is 98 percent of unconscious state of mind and the other 2 percent is a conscious state of mind. Astounding is the fact that a repressed memories becomes part of the unconscious state of mind although we experience it in a conscious state of mind.

A repressed memory could also be brought out of a hypnotized individual or one who goes to sleep after a session of word association that conjures up the memories of the repression or repressed memory.

Carl Jung mentioned how our minds work like when he said the mind is like positive and negative electrical charges (p. 190) empirically in opposing forms where the pendulum of the mind swings or oscillates between right and wrong, sense and nonsense, and they are direct exponents of our inner energies (p.191).

Our electric dreamscapes can be in the form of nightmares, pleasant dreams, fantasies, desires, or even the repressed memories. They are all parts or exponents of what we experience in our lives our own individual mechanisms in our minds are in control of what it determines is too much for us to bear and what may cause our psyche harm.

In science, medicine, and quantum physics reveal that the panoramic memories stored in our minds are viewed just as vividly and in technicolor in our dreamscapes. Our reality is subject to the repressed memories that we encounter and cannot be harnassed by our own means or brought out when we want them to, they could come and go just like any memory we have stored.

It is also believed in quantum physics that our beliefs and intentions are fused with our reality and if this is so then frankly our dreamscapes are also. The electric dreamscape is a response or reaction to our reality. It is also considered its very own electro-magnetic energy and every individual on this earth has there own energy.

Dreams about our repressed memories serve more like nightmares because most, if not all of the repressed memories are shocking or horrific to us in our reality.

For example, if I witnessed a person being tortured or mutilated in my reality or experienced it and in my mind or belief system it is not what I am accustomed to. It becomes something traumatic for me and my mind kicks up this mechanism where it is finding that it is too horrific or shocking to me to bear; it could then become a repressed memory that is stored. When the repressed memory is stored; it is like amnesia I do not recall it in my memory because it becomes repressed.

Many victims of crime experience this disassociation or amnesia that it is called, "repressed memories."

Conscious Lucid dreams can be brought out in hypnosis and they can also include what are called nightmares. A lucid dream is described by Wikipedia as any dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming when one is asleep. It is a conscious mechanism that we can control or be able to manipulate. They are part of the conscious mind and part of our reality.


References

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repressed_memory

Jung, Carl, Memories, Dreams, and Reflections, (2015 free eBook)

Please enjoy a free calendar of your choice https://www.freakyfreddies.com/calendar.html for reading my blog here at https://aida-garcia.hubpages.com/hub

Comments

    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    No comments yet.

    Click to Rate This Article