Resistance Band Exercise Posters | Buy Online
A Comprehensive Guide of Sources Uses and Types of Resistance Bands
If exercise is the poor man's plastic surgery, resistance bands are the poor man's home gym. Light weight and multifunctional, resistance bands offer portability and more. Not knowing the many exercises that are available can be a problem. Now there are a myriad of options from personal trainers, to online educational videos, to book and posters. Posters are one of my favorites because the poster also serves as a visual reminder to consistently perform the exercises. Out of sight and out of mind, we normally stuff the exercise equipment away or worst yet, cover it with other project. Place your poster where you can easily see it and let it serve you as added motivation.
This comprehensive article will cover and provide links to resistance band exercises:
- Benefits of Resistance Bands
- Sources - 5 American websites (and one UK website) for different resistance band posters
- Location of Uses
- Types of Resistance Bands
- How to Best Use - Tips on repetitions and safety
- 5 Great Purchasing Tips
1 - Many Benefits of Resistance Bands
A comprehensive fitness program includes both daily discipline for your diet and an effective plan for maintaining and building muscle tone. Resistance bands offer a great workout plan - frugal and yet very effective. The key is consistency and developing a full body workout.
The many benefits of resistance bands:
- A Must for Travel
- Added Variety - Full Body Workout
- Take Your Workout Outdoors
- Take Your Workout to the Chair or Floor
Resistance Band Exercise
Exercise is Frugal and the Fountain of Youth
Training Tones the Body and the Spirit
Training gives us an outlet for suppressed energies created by stress and thus tones the spirit just as exercise conditions the body.
A Comprehensive Guide of Sources Uses and Types of Resistance Bands
Differences Between Resistance Bands and Weights
Barbells and weights derived their strength from gravity. Resistance bands are different. The upswing of the bicep curl offers resistance rather than the downswing. The tension with resistance bands is constant. Keeping perfect posture is often more difficult with resistance bands (another important reason to consult a personal trainer for beginning a program.) Resistance bands often demand more stabilizers which help with functional fitness but also challenges your posture.
Remember with bands you can create resistance from every angle.
- Bicep Curls - Overhead Presses: Stand on the band and grip the handles for bicep curls or overhead presses.
- Lat Pull Downs or Triceps Push Downs: Attach the band to a door and pull down to mimic the lat pull downs or triceps push downs.
- Abdominal Curl: Attached to the door and pull down with your shoulders hunched - mimicking an abdominal crunch.
Why You Should Try Resistance Bands
- Resistance Bands Travel Well. You can easily pack them in your suitcase for travel and do exercises in the car or in your hotel room.Resistance bands/tubing offer a convenient way to continue your fitness program while traveling. Rather than deal wit the added luggage weight. Phone your hotel beforehand and ask to speak with the concierge and discuss your fitness needs. If you need a resistance band, many of their other clients will also find these small tool convenient.
- Resistance Bands Increase Functional Fitness/Coordination. Resistance bands offer tension throughout the entire exercise movement, you are forced to stabilize your body and use your core muscles. This helps with "functional fitness" or coordination. It involves more muscle groups.
- Resistance Bands Add Variety to Your Exercise Program. With weights, you're often limited as to how many exercises you can do. Resistance bands allows you to change your positioning in multiple ways and target different muscles, adding variety to your fitness program and including more muscles.When it comes to strength training, most of us stick to the usual free weights and machines or, if we're feeling frisky, we may venture over to the cable or free motion machines at the gym. What you don't see a lot of is work with resistance bands or tubing. We're often confused about what resistance bands do and how to use them, but they're a great way to workout while you travel or add variety to your usual routine.
- Resistance Bands Are Frugal - Great Value. Kind to the checkbook and healthy for your body.
- Resistance Bands Great for all Fitness Levels. Wonderful for both beginners as well as more advanced exercisers.
Resistance Band Exercise Posters - 7 Fitness Movements
Buy Resistance Tubing Exercise Posters OnlineClick thumbnail to view full-size
Resistance and Character
The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character.
Buy Laminated Tubing Exercise Posters Online on Amazon
If it weren't for the fact that the TV set and the refrigerator are so far apart, some of us wouldn't get any exercise at all.
Methodical Physical Exercise
"Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it."
2 - Sources Reviewed for Resistance Band Exercise Posters
A - UK Elastaband Source: Smarter.com
Newitts is a family firm currently controlled by the fourth generation, which was founded in 1902 with no outside shareholders.
The business began as a small leather shop in the centre of York and between the wars, diversified to selling leather and other sports equipment. In 1985 the company moved just outside of York to Claxton Hall, a green field site where our corporate headquarters and a 60,000 sq. ft warehouse were built. This together with ample delivery and parking space has enabled the company to continue to grow and respond quickly and effectively to all orders.
Newitts are a UK based mail order supplier of sports equipment, employing 95 people; the company has a policy of holding large stocks, ships an average of 400 orders daily and achieves a picking level of 98% on orders placed. Quality, service and competitive prices are our main concern, add to this a quick delivery service and you will find that Newitts service is hard to beat.
Continuing our commitment to unsurpassed service, our team is constantly developing our service and your feedback plays a huge role in which direction we take!
B - Sveltus Elastiband Exercise Poster has been designed to illustrate workout exercises and techniques.
- Elastiband is designed for the workout of each main group of muscles: buttocks, abdominal muscles. thighs, arms, back and pectoral muscles through a series of resistance exercises.
C - NutriMirrorStore.com Offers ExerBand Kit
ExerBand Fitness Bar KitThe
lightweight and portable ExerBand Fitness Bar attaches to tubing for a
total body exercise experience. Simply snap the Fitness Bar's attachment
straps into a closed position, attach tubing or bands and begin your
The ExerBand Fitness Bar Kit includes:
- Exerband Fitness Bar
- Web-Anchor strap
- Five resistance levels of tubing (Bilateral assortment without web strap)
- One set EzChange Handles
- Wall Poster (2'x3')
D - Productive Fitness - Separate Posters by Target Muscle Group
Separating the movements into different target muscle groups is
Productive Fitness offers a set or each poster individually divided by:
1.) Resistance Tubing - Back/Legs/Biceps/Chest & Triceps
2.) Resistance Tubing - Shoulders / Rotator Cuff & Core
E - SportsPosterWareHouse.com offers a Two Poster Set Resistance Tubing Poster Set
A must-have addition to any serious gym! From the spectacular Productive Fitness series of professional health club wall charts, this pair of instructional posters features no less than 24 key exercises to work out virtually every muscle in the body using the increasingly-popular resistance tubing exercise products. With exclusive true-life photography, attractive graphic design, and descriptions of how to perform each move correctly, these two charts will help maximize the benefits of any workout, build strength, and help avoid injury. Seen on the walls of better health clubs and gyms around the world! Exercises Featured Include: Side Raises, Olympic Snatch, Split Squat, Pointing Dog, Upper Chop, Rotator Cuff, Donkey Kick, Bent Over Row, Ark Curl, Across the Chest Pull, and more!
- Publisher: Productive Fitness Products Inc.
- Size: 2 Individual Posters, 24" x 36" Each
- Condition: Brand New!
- View other great associated items in the following collections:
Item Number: PFP-RESTUBE
Description: Resistance Tubing Exercises 2-Poster Combo - Productive Fitness
F - Theratek.com Offers Resistance Tube and Band Strengthening Poster with 50 Common Strengthening Exercises
Item Number: PREPAK-822
*Included in Deluxe Assortment. All posters are laminated.*50 most common strengthening exercises w/tubing or bands. (2' x 3')
Resistance Band Workout Lying on the Floor
Sit or Stand with the Resistance Band
Resistance Band Outside on Porch
3 - How and Where to Use Your Resistance Bands
Location of Uses
Don’t limit your uses for your resistance bands with one location. Try a variety of different spots from your workout room, to the poster of your bed, to your living room to even your porch.
Standard - Lying on the Floor
Think Outside of the Box - Soft Bed
· Lying on the Floor Many different exercises are possible with using the floor for support. Typically the bed is too soft and not supportive enough for many exercises. Yet if your body demands the comfort and convenience of the bed, don’t rule it out – give it a try. Exercise is all about personal preference. I know many a fit person who do many of their stretches before they set foot outside of the bed – my Grandmother did this for over 40 years.
Think Outside of the Box - Kitchen
· Kitchen Use the kitchen chair, use the door jam, use the counter top for support. The kitchen offers many a comfortable option for the resistance bands.
Think Outside of the Box - Sitting in a Chair
· Sitting In a Chair One of the many great things about the resistance bands is their versatility. Sitting in a chair using the band is another option you might wish to consider.
Think Outside of the Box - Outdoors - Your Porch or Veranda
· Outdoors – Porch Use a sturdy porch pillar and/or balustrade for support. This location gives you a connection with the great outdoors and changes up your fitness routine.
Think Outside of the Box - Travel - Your Vacation - Your Hotel Stay
One of my clients was traveling to Japan for business for 3 weeks. She had just started training and wanted to make sure she had a program ready to pack....
Resistance Band Fitness for the Hotels
Resistance Bands for the Hotel Stay
Hotels have added fitness rooms and now many offer a workout right in the privacy of your hotel room. In 2004, Marriott and Hilton announced in-room fitness options for business travelers. The equipment includes "low-tech workout equipment" - mats, weights and resistance tubes. Best yet, these simple pieces of equipment can be checked out free of charge. This is an important trend for full-service hotels to make your stay as seamless as being home.
“The consumer is more health-conscious — especially the upscale traveler and the business person,” said Mary Tabacchi, a professor at the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration. “These people demand fitness facilities.”
As health consciousness grows worldwide and as the American populace grows older and wiser, so too the common use of resistance tubing for maintaining strength and muscle tone.
Stretch Flat Band Sample Exercises
Types of Resistance Bands
- Resistance Band with Handle (most common)
- Stretch Flat Band (Resistance band without handle)
- Safety Sleeve Resistance Band (aka fabric covered)
Buy Resistance Band and Safety Sleeve
4 - Types of Resistance Bands and Tubing
Types of Bands
Tubing, resistance bands, therapeutic bands - all offer a simple and yet very effective fitness program. Very inexpensive but with all the great benefits of target toning. Three types of bands are detailed below:
- Therapeutic Flat Bands These bands are literally an extra large circle. One nice thing about these bands is as they wear, the possibility of snapping is readily visible.
- Handled Resistance Bands These are the most common and come in many different colors which signify their resistance level.
- Cloth Covered Resistance Bands
5- How to Best Use
Variety of Bands is Needed - Need Appropriate Resistance
Variety is the spice of life not just in activities and travel and food but also for exercise. Your muscles demand new challenges. You will need more than one resistance band. Two will work, three is better and four will offer even more variety. In general, be advised that your lower body will demand a higher amount of resistance than your upper body.
Resistance Band Books and Posters and DVDs
The number of exercises is limited only by your imagination. To expand the possibility, invest in a book or better yet, an exercise poster showcasing the different exercise.
Number of Repetitions and Progression - Work to Muscle Exhaustion
Fitness is only achieved with repetition and progression. Your body loves exercise. Your body demands challenges. A consistent program of resistance will require a variety of exercises in addition to different resistance levels. Your objective is to work your muscles to exhaustion.
"Simply put, exercising your muscles to exhaustion helps them to build."
Once you are in a regular routine, every 6 weeks or so, mix it up. Change
SAFETY FIRST - Careful – All Bands Wear Out and Will Snap or Break
The durability of the band will last you many years, however, like all things, they do have a useful life. Always check your bands for possible tears or weaknesses. I have seen bands snap many a time. Luckily the snap has always been overseen by a fitness professional and who prevented any possible injuries. Be aware bands will eventually wear out. The one time you don’t want to be frugal is with the possibility of an injury.
Work Your Muscles to Exhaustion
Simply put, exercising your muscles to exhaustion helps them to build.
Buy Door Anchor Tubing Online
Safety First Always
SAFETY FIRST - Careful – All Bands Wear Out and Will Snap or Break
Always check your bands for possible tears or weaknesses.
The one time you don’t want to be frugal is with the possibility of an injury.
6 - 5 Buying Tips for Resistance Bands
It is confusing at first for anything new. Perhaps it is more confusing when the items look so simple.
Here are four great tips to help you navigate the many different offerings.
- Buy a Variety - Buy at Least Three Different Bands
- Buy a Kit Complete with the Bands and the Poster - Best Values
- Pay for the Comfort - Buy Deluxe Handles - Padded Foam Handles
- Buy the Accessories - Door Anchor
- Review the Online Guides and Videos
Tip #1 Buy a Variety of Resistance Bands
You will need greater resistance for your lower body muscles than your upper body muscles. Additionally, you will quickly outgrow the lowest resistance IF you are dedicated and continue with the program. Purchase no less than 3 different resistance levels.
Remember your goal is to work your muscles to exhaustion in order to build and tone your muscles. This will require multiple bands. Your lower body muscles will demand a higher level of resistance.
Tip #2 Resistance Band Kits Offer a Great Value
Great value is in the kits. If you are just starting out or wish to upgrade your program, consider the value of a packaged kit.
Look for kits that include at least three bands, the door anchor and a visual guide (DVD, book or poster).
Tip #3 Pay for Comfort - Pay for Quality
Long term comfort may mean the difference between your weekly use verses non-use. Especially IF you have any arthritis in your hands, the padded handles are a must.
Make this a comfortable program and stick with it weekly. Assign a specific time and duration - make a commitment to yourself.
Your health will thank you.
Tip #4 Resistance Band - Necessary Accessories
The accessory for attaching the band to the door is key to the variety of your exercise program. Leave the ankle cuffs, double bands, figure 8's, etc... for after you have mastered the basics.
The two accessories that are key are to your resistance band exercise program:
1.) the door anchor and
2. ) a photo guide (a book, a DVD or my favorite - a poster) are the two items that are needed.
Tip #5 Review the Online Guides and Videos
Before you buy, study the various online guide and videos. Hub Pages offer a great complement of both the written word and visual guides complete with photos and videos. Learn the movements for your particular goals. This will help you better implement your fitness program but also help you in purchasing the best products for you needs.
As with all items, the best learning programs are overseen by experienced professionals who can assist you with developing your goals and setting up a weekly program to best suit your needs. A certified personal trainer will not only save you time but also prevent possible costly injuries.
Exercise and Vitality
So many people sit around all day and don't get any exercise.Their muscle atrophy and they loose strength, their energy and their vitality.
Exercise and Discipline
I do it as a therapy, I do it to keep me alive. We all need a little discipline. Exercise is my discipline.
Stroops on Amazon - Cloth Covered Resistance Bands
Resistance Bands - Fast, Simple and Frugal
The many benefits of the simple fitness tool called the "resistance band" only ends with your commitment. The posters, the charts, not to mention the many videos - all serve to highlight the versatility of this great tool.
Isolating muscles offers toning and added flexibility. Being able to perform a full body workout with a simple and light light weight tool is only overshadowed by the fact that resistance bands are not expensive. What is expensive is not committing you and your family to a lifestyle with fitness threaded throughout your daily routines and vacation routines.
Cloth Covered Resistance Bands
I was taught long ago that investing in tools is investing in yourself. If you believe in yourself, you always have great tools - tools that are superior in quality, durability and safety. The cloth covered resistance bands are the only resistance bands I will use with my clients. I have seen the regular ones break in many a health club. Wherever the use is intense, whether you are dedicated home user or a professional personal trainer, the investment in the safer version, the resistance band covered in cloth only make sense.
Resistance Bands and Your Fitness Workout
How is your workout progressing?
Have you mastered at least five exercises with this great tool?
What is your favorite resistance band exercise?
Do you travel with your resistance bands?
How has exercise helped you?
Please feel free to share with us below in the comment section.
Love this website and wish to join us?
© 2010 Kelly A Burnett