- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions
Review - Diabetes Weight Loss Week by Week
If you have diabetes and are looking for a resource that can help you lose weight safely, you’ll be excited to learn about Diabetes Weight Loss: Week by Week.
About Diabetes Weight Loss
Published by the American Diabetes Association, Diabetes Weight Loss: Week by Week is written specifically with the unique nutritional needs of individuals with diabetes.
It’s not a fad diet or a one-size-fits-all approach to eating. Instead, the book focuses on providing readers with the information they need to create a personalized weight loss plan that will allow them to improve their eating habits and make progress toward their weight loss goals at their own pace.
This book does a great job of taking the process of making healthy lifestyle changes consistent with both a diabetic diet and weight loss program and making them manageable.
- The book opens with an introductory section with tips on getting started on your weight loss efforts, including tips designed to help you set appropriate goals and prepare for success.
- The next part of the book prepared week-by week suggestions for the first 16 weeks. Each section includes manageable action steps along with helpful tips and suggestions.
- The next section focused beyond the first 16 weeks to the long term, providing month by month guidance for months five through twelve.
- The book closes with an appendix that features helpful documents such as a weight loss chart, a goals worksheet, a food record document, menus, and other helpful forms and checklists.
About the Author
The book’s author is Jill Weisnberger, MS. She is a Registered Dietician and Certified Diabetes Educator who has helped thousands of individuals with their nutritional habits and goals. In addition to authoring this book, Weisnberger has also written for Diabetes Living and Diabetes Monitor and has been quoted in a variety of major national publications.