Rosacea and Honey
Break Out Time Again!
What can you do?! You have a birthday, wedding, or a photo shoot to go to in a few days, and your face is about to go crazy on you. The redness, peeling, and bumps are forming. The itchiness and anxiety are moments away.
Well, you just might be in luck.
I can across this awesome way to help combat my breakouts when I feel them starting to come on. I, like thousands of others out there, battle against Rosacea on a daily basis. I have been through many of the trial and error fazes. The excitement of finding a new product, only to be let down later when the breakouts come back.
I was surfing Youtube last month and came across this awesome video. It said it was for acne, but when I watched it, it seemed like it might help with Rosacea, so I gave it a shot.
Honey Facial Recipe
This girl is awesome. She was able to get her courage together in order to post great vids on Youtube to help others out there with facial problems.
- 2-4 Tbs Raw Organic Honey
- 1 Tbs Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tsp Organic Whole Milk, *Don't use soy milk
- Mix the Honey, Olive oil, and milk until blended well. (Feel free to leave out the milk if you have an allergy to it). Organic ingredients are best as they will not contain any hormones or chemical additives that might aggravate your face.
- Make sure that your face is clean before application.
- Apply mixture generously to the face. Using an application brush makes this easier. Apply thicker in the cheeks and forehead as the skin there is thicker.
- Let the mixture set for 10-15mins. The honey will drip a bit, I suggest wearing an old t-shirt while doing this facial.
- If you Rosacea/acne does not flair with hot temps, run a hot shower and stand in it for ten mins. This will allow the steam to help the honey penetrate into your skin even more.
- If, like most Rosacea sufferers, you Rosacea does flair with hot temps skip the shower part. Simply rinse your face off with warm water.
- Do not clean your face with a cleanser after the facial.
- It is suggested that you can do this facial 1 to 3 times a week.
I have been doing these facials for about two months now, three times a week. I find that they help a lot. The honey gives your skin a nice subtle glow. I find that the natural antibiotics in the the honey, along with its many great vitamins, have improved upon my breakouts.
*NOTE: Forgo the hot shower/Steam she recommends if your Rosacea flairs with hot temperatures.
And, don't worry, even without the steam this stuff works great.
This is one brand of Honey that I have used. But feel free to use any type you find. You can even try non-organic honey as long as there aren't any additives to it. Good Luck!
Eucerin is the bomb, in my opinion, when it comes to affordable Rosacea cleaners and soothers. If you have never tried them, I would definitely give it a shot. This is the cleanser that I use beofre I do my weekly facials.