WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF SEPTAL ABSCESS ?
CAUSES OF SEPTAL ABSCESS ARE AS FOLLOWS :-
1) Infected haematoma.
2) Boil in the nasal tip infection spreading to the septum.
3) Compound fractures of the nasal bones.
4) Spontaneous , following infectious fevers like measles.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF NASAL ABSCESS ?
1) Severe pain.
2) Marked toxicity.
3) High temperature.
5) Bilateral septal swelling which is dull purple and is tender.
WHAT ARE THE COMPLICATIONS OF SEPTAL ABSCESS ?
1) Spread of infection to intracranial cavity and retrograde thrombophlebitis of cavernous sinus .
2) Nasal deformity due to necrosis of septal cartilage.
3) Perforation of nasal septum.
WHAT IS THE TREATMENT OF NASAL ABSCESS ?
1) Incise and drain the abscess.
2) Nasal packing.
3) Plastic cosmatic surgery for nasal deformity after 3-6 months.