Lose Stubborn Belly Fat With Sacha Inchi
What is Sacha Inchi or Savi Seed?
High in the misty Andean rainforest, home of the most widely sought medical remedies in the world, I thrive. Comfortable rooted in the loose, rich soil of riverbanks, I am a handsome vining plant flaunting hairy, heart-shaped leaves and star-shaped pods. My pods are chock full of seeds that are edible when roasted, or my seeds can be cold pressed for a nutrient-rich oil. What am I?
Sacha Inchi, Inca peanut, Plukenetia volubilis or marketed as "SaviSeed" in the United States.
Sacha Inchi seeds have been consumed by the Incas of Peru for centuries. Recently "discovered" by the industrialized world, Sacha Inchi plants are sown on previously cleared rainforest land thus returning the ravaged jungle to its original state. In turn, this crop supports the efforts of Peruvian farmers who might otherwise be obliged to abandon their traditional lifestyle and move to large cities in search of work.
So what's all the hype about Sacha Inchi or Savi Seed?
Why Does Sacha Inchi Promote Weight Loss?
When we get overly stressed, our thyroid secretes a hormone called cortisol. In normal levels, cortisol regulates blood pressure and insulin levels. But too much cortisol, caused by our modern fast-paced and stressful lifestyle, leads to blood sugar imbalances. That means increased cravings for sweets, stubborn belly fat and resistance to weight loss. Eventually, excess cortisol may lead to obesity, type-2 diabetes, high cholesterol and elevated blood pressure.
How can Sacha Inchi help? Sacha Inchi is the richest plant-based source of Omega 3 fatty acids, which has been proven to lower cortisol levels. This in turn leads to less harmful sugar cravings, a calmer mood and weight loss.
Consider John's experience. After long days of a stressful office job, he would return home at night with uncontrollable food and alcohol cravings. After months of late night eating John had gained 25 pounds. He felt sluggish and moody. Dark circles under his eyes made him look several years older.
That was before he learned about Sacha Inchi. He began taking two tablespoons of Sacha Inchi oil before breakfast. Soon afterward, his harmful food cravings diminished and his moods balanced out. Within six months John lost the 25 pounds he had gained and even the dark circles under his eyes disappeared. John owes his improved health and appearance to adding Sacha Inchi oil to his diet. Read on to learn more about the health benefits of Sacha Inchi.
Why All the Hype?
A superfood in its own right, Sacha Inchi seeds are the richest plant-based source of Omega-3 in the world with 17 times more Omega-3 per ounce than wild salmon. It also boasts 9 grams of complete protein per ounce, making it the ideal natural alternative to protein powder! Cold-pressed Sacha Inchi oil's high concentration of Omega-3's makes it the ideal supplement for vegetarians.
Sacha Inchi offers many benefits to the major organs of the body. Sacha Inchi:
- Reduces triglycerides and LDL cholesterol
- Regulates arterial pressure
- Promotes weight loss and reduces abdominal fat
- Increases blood flow to the brain, thus improving concentration
- Prevents cancer of the colon, breast, prostate and others
- Boosts immune function and metabolism
- Improves digestion
- Contributes to neurological development of the unborn fetus
- Improves vision
Interestingly, Sacha Inchi also contains unusually high amounts of tryptophan, an amino acid converted into seratonin in the body that fights depression and anxiety. What other health benefits does Sacha Inchi offer?
More Superfoods from Peru:
Sacha Inchi's Health Benefits
Following is a list of more health benefits you can enjoy by adding this amazing seed to your diet. Sacha Inchi is:
- a plant-sourced oil that promotes good health without mercury and toxins found in fish oil and the chemicals used to process it.
- nutty and mild tasting with no bad odor or flavor.
- chock full of natural antioxidants like Vitamins A & E.
- high in natural antioxidants which means it won't go racid when stored for up to two years at room temperature.
- a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- an ally in the fight against coronary disease and hypertension.
- an ally in diabetes management as a regulator of blood sugar levels.
- the most polyunsaturated vegetable oil on the planet.
- 8 times higher in tryptophan than roasted turkey!
What is tryptophan? An amino acid, it is converted into seratonin in the brain which promotes a positive mood and alleviates depression without the side effects caused by expensive prescription anti-depressant medications.
Sacha Inchi's Culinary Uses
Never cook with Sacha Inchi, as heat destroys the nutritional properties of this oil. Instead, enjoy it in its raw and natural state.
- Drizzle a salad with Sacha Inchi oil and savor its light and nutty flavor.
- Toss Sacha Inchi seeds into trail mix for a high protein snack.
- Add a few tablespoons of Sacha Inchi powder to your morning smoothie for a breakfast with staying power.
Click here for a healthy smoothie that makes the perfect base for Sacha Inchi powder: How to Make Smoothies Without Yogurt.
Exciting DYI Anti-Aging Serum
I highly recommend my friend SuzieHQ's DYI anti-aging serum made with Peruvian rainforest fruit. Check it out here: Anti-Aging Serum with Camu-Camu and Vitamin C
Sacha Inchi Oil for Beauty
Sacha Inchi oil is a light, easily absorbed skin moisturizer. Offering high doses of Vitamins A and E (tocopherols and beta carotene) which are also natural antioxidants, it protects from free radical damage caused by the sun. Combined with a regular regimen of sunscreen usage, Sacha Inchi oil will help minimize damage caused by ultraviolet sunlight. How can you add Sacha Inchi oil to your beauty routine?
Remove makeup and wash face. Smooth Sacha Inchi oil over freshly washed, damp skin. Sacha Inchi is also the perfect carrier or base oil for blending with essential oils. Check out Suzie HQ's article "How to Use Essential Oils and a Base Oil to Make a Dilution" for more information.
For a quick and effective beauty treatment, mix two ounces of Sacha Inchi oil with a few drops of lavender for inflamed or acne-prone skin, neroli or rose oil for aging or sun-damaged complexions. Or try a few drops of frankincense for additional sun protection properties. Smooth a few drops of your customized beauty treatment over clean, freshly washed skin. Sacha Inchi oil is easily tolerated by most skin types and will leave your skin feeling soft and pampered.
Sacha Inchi's Skin Protection Properties
Here are more benefits of using Sacha Inchi oil as a moisturizer. Sacha Inchi:
- protects the skin from environmental pollution
- protects against photodamage by UV radiation
- is a powerful anti-inflammatory which prevents premature aging
- has superior wound healing properties
- softens old scars
- reduces damage from free radicals
- smooths wrinkles in mature skin
Try Sacha Inchi oil in your favorite homemade beauty preparation. Your complexion will thank you!
In short, both the oil and seeds of the Sacha Inchi plant provide numerous health benefits. Why not add this superfood to your diet today?
Sacha Inchi Fun Quiz
view quiz statistics