- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions
Sarcoidosis Effects On The Lung Tissue As Seen On Radiographs With Several X-Ray Representations
X-Ray: Major Diagnostic procedure
There are some cells involved in inflammatory processes. These specific inflammatory cells are called granulomas. These granulomas form nodules and settle in several organs. Though they can settle in any organ, the commonest are usually the Lungs and Lymph nodes. In most cases Sarcoidosis is asymptomatic but when chronic, it can cause lung scarring and then respiratory failure and even death.
It has been noticed that more than 65% of patients with this syndrome have no symptoms and in most of them, the disease gradually disappears, but as for the remaining 35%, they end up suffering from lung abnormalities. The following x-rays will give a diagnostic evaluation on how to detect Sarcoidosis.
Sarcoidosis On Chest X-Ray
1. All X-ray photos here are from DFM E-Group, in the photo and X-ray section.
2. Notes and explanations: Wikipedia, Essentials of Clinical Medicine by Kumar and Clark's, Medicinenet and Mayor's Clinic.
© 2014 Funom Theophilus Makama