- Aging & Longevity
Secret tips for Anti aging -Home remedies to reduce wrinkles & fine lines
How to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines naturally?
Growing old is inevitable. Most of us want to look young forever. The skin tends to become shabby and dry loosing its elasticity making us look old and worn out. The wrinkles develop under our eyes. Why not age gracefully and delay this aging process. Ideally we cannot get our baby skin back but we can definitely avoid the bags under our eyes and reduce the fine lines which become prominent when we grow old. The skin needs to be hydrated and moisturized regularly. Smoking and drinking also tend to damage our skin.
Constant use of skin care products having harmful ingredients damage our skin . Often anti aging creams also don't work. Most of us do not have enough time to follow a strict regime for our skin care and therefore apply anti aging skin care products that may contain chemicals which makes us look older than our real age.
The wrinkles and fine lines can be reduced considerably using natural remedies. Instead of going for expensive facelifts and taking botox treatments you can try some of the below mentioned tips to reduce wrinkles.
Most of the skin care products use harmful ingredients that damages your skin. I have elaborately discussed the side effects of the chemicals used in various skin care products in one of my earlier hubs Harmful ingredients of skin care products.
Natural skin care for Anti aging
Instead of applying anti wrinkle creams follow the below mentioned tips to get a young, wrinkle free and glowing skin.
- Begin with eating healthy and taking anti aging diet. Include antioxidant rich fruits and vegetables in your diet. Also include whole grains in your diet along with protein that will keep your muscles toned. Strawberry is rich in Vitamin C. It not only helps to lighten dark spots but Elagic acid found in strawberries helps in collagen production and antioxidants. Apple, papaya, mango are a few examples of anti aging foods.
- Almonds are rich in Vitamin E and contain an enzyme, catalase which slows down aging.
- Drink green tea as they have antioxidants. It protects the skin from sun damage and reduces signs of aging.
- Keep your skin hydrated. The skin becomes dry when you get older therefore needs to be moisturized well. The oil glands produce smaller amounts of natural moisturizer due to which skin becomes less elastic causing fine lines to develop. Skin needs to be moisturized from within as well. Include foods that contain natural oils like nuts, avocado, seeds in your diet. Extra virgin Olive oil is rich in Vitamin E.
- You may apply aloe vera to keep your skin moisturized.You may apply a mask made by mixing honey and aloe vera juice in equal parts. (pure extract from the plant).on your face and neck. Wash it off with warm water after 15 minutes for a glowing, soft skin.
Aloe Vera has anti -aging properties, It is anti-inflammatory . Also has healing and cooling properties, Most of the skin care products have Aloe Vera as the main ingredient. It is because Aloe Vera is rich in amino acids, vitamins A, B , C & F. Aloe Vera not only protects the skin by curing wounds and cuts and removes scars but also nourishes and moisturizes your skin. According studies Aloe Vera improves the levels of collagen. Aloe Vera also protects your face from developing fine lines.
Apply the juice of Aloe Vera at night on your face especially around your eyes and corners of your mouth where fine lines are very prominent.The advantage of using Aloe Vera is that it can be used for all skin types. people who have sensitive skin can also use Aloe Vera juice.Try using Aloe Vera juice directly from your plant because this is the purest form. Aloe Vera is the best natural anti aging moisturizer.
- Fuller's earth or multani mitti also helps in removing fine lines and helping in skin tightening. Multani mitti can be used for skin cleansing. It possesses absorbant qualities and absorbs excess oil from skin making your skin radiant and young. It should be applied with rose water.
- Paste of red sandalwood, turmeric and milk also helps in removing blackheads. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and reduces pigmentation. It also reduces wrinkles.
Sandalwood can be also used to relieve itchiness and inflammation. Sandalwood has soothing effect therefore can even be mixed with fuller's earth to get best results.
After Cleansing, the skin needs to be toned and moisturized. Steaming should be done weekly to open the pores.Steaming is important to get rid of blackheads as dirt gets deposited in the pores.These clogged pores result in blackheads.
Apply juice of pineapple to close the pores . You can wash with cold water to close the pores. Rubbing ice also will help you close the pores.
Coconut water contains organic compounds which possess growth promoting properties. The plant growth hormones, the cytokinins present in coconut helps in fighting aging process as well preventing cancer.The cytokinins are responsible for regulating growth, development and aging. Coconut water significantly increases plant cell proliferation without increasing the number of undesirable mutations (i.e., cancer). The growth hormone present in coconut liquid retards aging.
You may read my hub titled Benefits of coconut water on beauty treatment of coconut water. Besides anti aging coconut water has various other uses for skin. It can be used as a toner and also helps in removing scars.
- In late thirties levels of bacteria in the gut drop which can lead to bloating . Digestion becomes slow. Include yoghurt in your diet .Yogurt not only is rich in calcium and phosphorus but high in protein which helps in collagen production. Yogurt therefore fights wrinkles.
- Apple skin helps in skin tightening. Do not throw the skin . Apple contains abundant amount of elastin and collagen. Besides apple Bananas are known to have Vitamin A, B and E and therefore act as anti aging. Orange has Vitamin C which improves skin texture. Lemon is also rich in Vitamin C. If taken with warm water and honey in empty stomach acts as skin cleanser. Amla or Indian gooseberry has the highest content of Vitamin C. Papaya also rich in antioxidants contains a special enzyme papain that kills dead cells and cures skin impurities. Papaya can also be applied on skin to get an instant glow. Mango is another anti aging fruit. It is rich in Vitamin A and and antioxidants. It restores elasticity and regenerates cells thereby fights aging process.
Do not skip meals .Take 5-6 short meals a day . Avoid oily snacks and fast foods. Unhealthy diet is the main cause for our skin loosing its glow and elasticity. Reduce salt intake. Do not smoke as it makes your skin appear pale and haggard. Besides the above mentioned tips take proper rest. Sleep deprived eyes develop dark circles .Sleep is essential for cells to get recharged therefore you need to take minimum 6 hours of sleep everyday.
Yoga is another way of keeping yourself fit and agile. Breathing exercises in Pranayaam are very effective in keeping you healthy. If you are not yoga freak then exercise regularly. Walking for 20-30 minutes daily will keep you fit.
Sign up for new user
Want to earn money writing on Hubpages