Sensitive teeth? MUST READ
Dentine hypersensitivity (sensitive teeth) is usually a very sharp painful feeling which occurs when your teeth are exposed hot, cold, sweet, or sour elements. This is commonly caused by exposed dentine explained below. If you experience this pain, you know you have sensitive teeth. But don't fret, sensitive teeth is a common problem with many widely distributed cures. If you have sensitive teeth talking to your doctor is a very good idea.
Right below the tooth's enamel there is a hardened tissue called dentin, this contains sensitive nerve fibers. A very common cause for sensitive teeth is when the dentin is exposed. Brushing your teeth too hard can expose the dentin, this is called abrasion. Also the pain can be because of dental caries or cavities.
Plaque is a white gummy substance that builds up on your teeth, this can irritate your teeth. Flossing before bed regularly helps floss away plaque.
There are many causes for sensitive teeth, regardless of the cause its always terrible. Brushing after meals, watching more T.V, and eating and drinking less sweets and coffee are effective ways to prevent tooth decay.
1. This is first for a reason, and that reason is because it is above second. Desensitizing toothpaste can get you eating ice cream in two weeks or less. This is a cheap and effective solution.
2. Fluoride rinse is available anywhere (grocery stores, pharmacies, dark alleys) and can help if you have tooth decay problems.
3. Gel-Kam is a slimy paste like fluoride treatment for sensitive teeth. It also reduces existing plaque by 29%. No prescription is necessary, but contains a lot of fluoride and cannot be used by children under 12. Click here for more information.
4. Soft brushes can help if you have tooth brush abrasion. Use a brush with the soft bristles. Did you know that its more effective to brush lightly than roughly? Many people don't! But you do so stop brushing heavily.
5. Lastly the only sure-fire way to defeat dentine hypersensitivity and make sure it stays defeated is by mainting good overall oral health. Brush, Floss, and rinse with floride to obtain and maintain a healthy happy smile.