- Alternative & Natural Medicine»
Should We Judge Diffusers for Essential Oils by Specs or By Cuteness?! | Reviews of My Top 5 Picks
We all love our good days and their happy moments but sometimes we have bad days too. Luckily, a bad day can be treated if you look beyond it and welcome the essential oils and their diffusers in your life. They will help you get to that happy place once again in a matter of minutes.
Based on my experience so far, I’ve noticed people find it a bit difficult to choose the right oil diffusers. And I get their point. This is why I even decided to make this article, because I have a few things to say about the top rated essential oil diffusers.
Would it be better to ignore a diffuser’s design and appearance if its specs are exactly what you needed? Or is it more important that the EO diffuser looks good on display since it takes up from your space anyway? Stick with me and we’ll see which question primes for each choice.
This is a fairly lengthy article but I am going to try to get to the reviews as soon as possible so all of you who are here just to buy stuff can have your cookie :)
I am not a technical person and I really don’t like it when I find technical reviews for a product I’m interested in. I don’t even care about that aspect in a product. So, being a little disappointed I started doing some research. I already tried some of the oil diffusers and convinced myself of a few things, while others are definitely on my “to grab” list.
I will focus on giving you an honest review and insight on 5 oil diffusers so that you know if they’re right for you and in what circumstances could they best be useful. I will also give you their pros and cons so that you can ultimately decide if they’re worth buying.
Essential oils are nature’s way of saying we’re not alone and they’re benefits are really impressive. All their properties can heal a lot of affections (internal and external).
And they can also help our body and mind achieve that self-control we need each day to deal with various situations. And the best and fastest way to use pure essential oils is by diffusing them into the air you breathe.
The smell alone of scented oils holds a lot of power and the majority of oil diffusers are so small that they can easily be placed wherever you want them. And since some have a really nice design, they can perfectly decorate any corner of the house.
I love that I can just bathe my home in a very pleasant scent and set the mode for an entire day, or evening with a diffuser. It always feels clean and fresh when I use the diffusers so they’ve become a real necessity in my home.
I have always been a fan of scented candles too. And there are things you can only get from them, such as that warm, glowing light that gives the ambient such a romantic and festive air. This is exactly why I still use them, mostly around the Holidays.
But for the rest of the year, I use the oil diffusers. I’m simply in love with them, they’re what I need on a day-to-day basis.
An oil diffuser is basically a very attractive container that spreads the oil’s tiny molecules with their properties into the atmosphere. It allows you to do so whenever you feel the need to calm yourself down, treat a migraine, sleep etc.
And this is one of the reasons I find the diffuser very efficient and useful. You can get instant results after a few minutes of inhaling the oil.
I have made two special categories of oil diffusers called “aromatherapy on the go” and “homey”, and I will add the products each where they belong to.
Aromatherapy on the Go
The Portable Oil Diffuser Necklace
Since the electric essential oil diffuser is more popular and everybody knows a bit about it I will leave it for later. And begin by telling you about one of the latest oil diffusers that I encountered in my online journeys. I was looking for interesting pieces of jewelry and came across this VERY unique one.
It looked like an ordinary shiny, silvery necklace but it had a catch. And that catch was that you could place a piece of a washable cloth inside of it to absorb your favorite essential oil. That way your necklace would diffuse the oil for as long as you’d wear it and even more, depending on the oil.
I was mind-blown. I was thinking of how awesome that idea seemed and how much I would love to own such a necklace. Since I was fully committed to owning one as soon as possible, I did get it in quite a short time.
I admit it was a bit expensive for my taste but since it’s a necklace and I’ll be able to wear it anywhere, and match it with many outfits, I’d rather have a nice quality piece of scented jewelry. And of course flaunt around with it proudly.
- Let me tell you that this stainless steel aromatherapy necklace is a high quality piece of jewelry.
- It does not turn the skin green and it doesn’t rust. It looks very fashionable and delicate, almost classy I’d say. And it goes well with really almost anything I’d wear, on a daily basis.
- The pads inside the necklace pendant are washable and they last a long time, even after being washed many times.
- You can now easily change your essential oils without having to clean containers or anything of that sort. I can smell my jasmine all day long. It’s there, right under my nose and I love the fact that I can carry my favorite scents everywhere.
The cons for this necklace would be that:
- Even though the locket is very discreet and well-magnetized for a tight closing, it can be pretty hard to open it. I had to use my nail to open it and I imagine it can be a bit time consuming and hard for those who suffer from arthritis for instance.
- The other thing that doesn’t make this necklace perfect is its length. It is 18 inches long plus 2 other inches as extender, so the total length doesn’t really make it easy to slip it over the head.
- It also doesn’t have an O-ring at the end of the chain to hook the clasp into and that indeed is a minus. I used to curse this feature a bit but I added an O-ring to it myself and now it’s all good.
From this category of EO diffuser necklaces you can also have a look at a DIY type of necklace and try to make one that reflects more your personality. I can assure you it’ll fulfill your needs for essential oils and gather lots of compliments as well. They’re an amazing invention; homemade jewelry is always appreciated and welcomed, especially among women.
I believe that this necklace type of oil diffuser makes for a better and safer idea than having to rub the oil into your temples and other parts of the skin. There’s no risk of allergy or sensitiveness.
Is it worth my investment and trust? It certainly deserves my trust, and I am not the only happy customer to say that. You should try it for yourself, because in this case specs and cuteness go very well together.
Portable USB Mini Magic Wand Stick Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
Portable USB Essential Oil Diffuser
The moment I saw this mini oil diffuser, I thought it was the cutest little gadget I ever saw. And it has a USB port to plug it in your laptop or desktop PC and keep you company while reading, playing or working at the computer.
It looks like a flower and it has many colors to choose from. The idea of plugging this USB essential oil diffuser into the computer is mainly to protect your eyes from the radiation of the computer. And also keep your eyes and the air moist, and dissipate the static electricity surrounding you.
- Sounds really useful when you come to think of how many people wear protection PC glasses just for the type of protection this diffuser offers. The features of this small USB essential oil diffuser will only help your eyesight and make you more efficient at the computer, especially if you have to work long hours in front of it.
- It is simple to use and it works best if placed into a tall glass with water, for support and a better scent diffusing.
- Being portable, the diffuser can be taken with you on your travels as well. Imagine being accommodated in a lovely hotel, by the beach or in the mountains, surfing the Internet and inhaling great scents from the essential oils. That would make your trip a lot easier, considering that you can treat any affection with the oils.
- Just drop a few of those essential oils you like or need so much in the water where the USB diffuser goes in and you’ll have a wonderful environment to work or relax in. It can also purify and humidify the air in any room and help you sleep better.
However, one of the disadvantages of this oil diffuser could be that:
- It doesn’t have a wall adapter. And because it needs to be placed in glasses with water it can be a bit dangerous to use if you have small children. But otherwise it doesn’t require much space and it is safe to use.
- Another disadvantage would be that it’s not rechargeable. I think it would have been nicer to recharge it and use it without conditions. Also, this portable USB diffuser hums when it’s plugged in and even though it’s not really annoying, you can still hear it.
So, is it worth your investment? If you don’t have small children and you’re looking for an oil diffuser, as well as a humidifier and air purifier, then yes. It is worth the investment because it’s easy to use, it looks cute, it’s portable and its specs are exact and useful.
Homey Diffusers for Essential Oils
Lull Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
This type of ultrasonic essential oil diffuser looks very fancy and it decorates nicely the space where it is put. And because of that I’d like to have one as soon as possible also.
- Having all the right buttons to press for a dimmer light or to stop it, and the mist diffuser would make this oil diffuser a very nice choice for my room.
- Its orange color is not upsetting at all, on the contrary it makes the device look warm and it can be pretty romantic at night.
- It’s easy to clean and its reservoir is very large.
- It can store 200 ml (6.76 fl. Oz.) of water and run for at least 8 hours with it. Depending on how long or short you want it to work for; you can pour the water accordingly.
- Works great at night, especially with some soothing essential oils in it and the mist set on for a very resting sleep. This device can be a very nice choice of relaxation in your cozy home.
- Because it’s very wide and round at the bottom, it can be easy to tip over. That would not be nice at all, so make sure you place it on higher and out-of-reach places to be safe.
- Also, since it’s not very big, it could not face bigger areas to fill in with the scents of the oils so I’d suggest you use it for smaller areas like a bathroom or a child’s bedroom.
- When you fill its reservoir, be sure not to overfill or you’ll have a lot of dripping to clean off.
- If you encounter problems with adjusting the light or keeping it as commanded from the second button, please notify the seller. The light should be adjustable.
Is it worth the investment? This product comes with a guarantee from the seller. And with its nice design, I’d say this essential oil diffuser would go very well in any type of home.
Botella Essential Oil Diffuser by Deneve
This one I adore! The moment I first laid my eyes on this diffuser I was hooked. It looks beautiful.
- The outer lid is made of thick glass, which gives the diffuser a modern yet friendly look. And when all its lights start to change it looks very pretty.
- I like changing colors and this one has a wide range of “exotic” colors like lime, turquoise, peach, baby blue etc. Of course the light can be fixed on one color you like more or turned off. It really depends on your preferences.
- Generally speaking, it is quiet. You can only hear the water gurgling inside, which is a nice sound in my opinion. With the mist on continuously, you will get it for three hours. With the mist set to intervals of 30 seconds, the mist will last six hours.
I guess I picked the right one because it doesn’t really have bad sides. It could, of course stop working but it has not been the case yet and I’ve had it for over two months already. Plus Amazon backs it up with 100% satisfaction guarantee and I’m guessing that must mean something.
- One word of caution though, when you install it make sure you plug the cord first, which is under the bottom surface, before filling it with water.
I would vote in favor of this product because I personally like it but maybe its design would not suit your preferences, or you don’t like it that it has separate buttons for light and mist, or who knows what else.
But it is totally worth the investment if you’re interested in good diffusers for essential oils. You can benefit from the wonderful therapeutic effects of the essential oils right in your home and you could share special moments with the whole family in a scented environment.
BriteLeafs 2-in-1 Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser
This diffuser for essential oils has a very nice design and aspect and it measure 8 – 10 inches and it has the radius of a very wide candle.
- The minute you turn it on, this little diffuser starts to work instantly. It shoots the mist vapor above the top of the diffuser spreading the benefits of the essential oils very efficiently.
- You can hear a pleasant noise coming from the water gurgling, which is very calming. It has very nice light effects with flowery silhouettes on the glass and it’s very easy to use.
- When you have a cold or a migraine it can be a good idea to hold your head above the mist and inhale as deeper as possible the essential oils’ properties. That would help you recover a lot faster.
As for negative parts, of course there would be a few to consider.
- First of all, this diffuser glows in the dark, even if it’s turned off. So if you like it really dark when you sleep, then this fact is something to consider before buying. Or you could place it in some other room during the night.
- Because of safety measures, the lid might seem hard to open and this fact can be very disturbing for some people.
- And if you start noticing any signs of not diffusing the essential oils in a proper manner, you should not hesitate in contacting the seller, even after the guaranteed period has ended.
This product’s specifications promise a lot but would it reach up to expectations? Would I buy it not knowing how it would behave in my hands? Yes I would, because among other attractive features, the appearance factor is very strong and it makes me want to want it. I bet it would look really nice in any home.
The best essential oil diffuser will always be that one you like very much. And the one that does what you want it to do. There are always risks when buying online but when you take a chance you might find real gems hidden in most offers.
Now, I want to help you get started with your new oil diffuser and I’m going to give you a couple of homemade essential oil diffuser recipes for two of the most common affections:
Special Blend to Fight Against Cold and Flu Sickness
- 1 tsp. Eucalyptus Globulus
- 1 tsp. Lavender
- ¾ tsp. Ravintsara
- ½ tsp. Bay Leaf
Combine them all together in a dark bottle, shake for 2 minutes and then leave for 24 hours to sit before using. Diffuse maximum 10 drops/day during the flu season as preventive measure.
To Help Falling Asleep
- Ylang Ylang
Pour in your diffuser 1 drop of each, to have a peaceful sleep.
Or you could also use:
- Roman Chamomile
- Clary Sage
1 drop of each poured into the essential diffuser for total relaxation and a resting sleep.
Luckily, essential oils are easy to find and there’s an entire market for oil diffusers now, from the more traditional ones to the most modern, everyone can pick whatever they desire and enjoy a nice smelling home or work place. It is a lot easier now to be in a good mood and stay healthy if you give nature a chance to help you out.
Do you have a favorite diffuser you think it’s very efficient? If so, I would love to hear your experiences with them, in the comments below.