Easy Weight Loss Tips When You are On-The-Go
Between work, family, traveling, school, whatever may be causing your hectic schedule, there hardly seems time to breathe let alone plan time for losing weight. If you happen to be one of those rare and perfect people who can eat whatever they want and never gain a pound, and have not ever struggled with your weight, aside from the rest of us not liking you, this article is not for you. For the rest of you who are interested in dropping a few pounds and are leading an on-the-go lifestyle here are some easy tips that won't screw up your schedule.
- H2O. This may sound simple and even a tad silly because we've all heard it before, however upping your water intake can make a huge impact on your weight. People with busy schedules tend to rely on coffee, energy drinks, even soda for a quick jolt. These are B-A-D. Truth be told there is NO substitute for plain old H2O. Switching to water alone will allow you to lose around 20 pounds a year, feel better, as well as maintain your energy for longer time periods. Our brain will sometimes send out the hunger signal when the body truly only needs water. When you feel yourself getting hungry, especially during a time when you aren't normally hungry, try drinking 8ounces of water. Wait 10-15 minutes and see if you are still feeling the need to eat.
- Stomach Says...Stop! This point continues from the previous statement. Along with eating and chewing slower, stop eating the moment your stomach tells you to. Food is readily available at any point, all around every city we may be in. Often times people make the mistake of eating until they are ready to explode. This is unnecessary. I promise you, when you are ready to eat once more, you will be able to find food again. Learn to listen when your stomach has enough. Eating slower can also allow your stomach a little time to catch up and realize you are full. We are meant to eat to live, not live to eat.
- An Apple a Day...Not only keeps the doctor away but keeping healthy snacks like an apple or an orange with you at all times will curb snack cravings during the day. When you feel hunger creeping in it is always easier to stick to any diet plan if the necessary food item is right in front of you. Adding little healthy snacks in your diet throughout the day will also speed up your metabolism as well as digestion. Let's just say it, if you have any trouble in THAT area, you know the one, then adding some fruit during your day is going to regulate your toilet time. If fruit isn't up your alley there are always snacks like the 100 Calorie Snack Packs of cookies or crackers. They make a great snack without putting a huge dent in your weight loss plans.
- 1/2 It Please! Portion control is one of the easiest and fail proof ways to drop some weight. Many on-the-go people don't have the time to cook a feast every night. Be realistic and learn to plan a way for weight management even at restaurants. The easiest way is to immediately ask for a to-go box the moment your food arrives. Take half of the entree right away and put it in the to-go box. Eat what is left on your plate and if you are listening to your body when it says 'full', chances are you will be satisfied with only half the size. Take the leftovers home or to work and then you have a meal ready for the next lunch or dinner already proportioned.
- Fit it in. With all these tips above you will no doubt drop weight if you stick to them, but we all know exercise will always be key in losing weight. A lot of us don't have an extra 2 hours to hit the gym on a regular basis. That's O.K. Fit it in where you can. Take stairs when possible, it does more than you think. If you have an hour lunch break then find a spot nearby even the steps in your building where you can simply walk for 15 minutes of your break. That still leaves 45 minutes to actually eat and get yourself prepared to head back for the rest of the day.15 minutes, that's all it takes, and you are guaranteed to not only drop pounds but feel rejuvenated overall.
Living healthier requires making the choice, and sticking to it. Making that choice isn't always easy especially when you are constantly running around, but it CAN be done. Implement these simple tips into your daily life and give your weight loss a jump start.