- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
Six exercises to prevent varicose veins
This happens due to the weakness of the vessel walls (which controls the blood pressure), and also valvular dysfunction (early destruction of the valves in the main deep vein of the leg). This alteration produces blood reflux with toxins, which end up invading the rest of the leg with more and more varicose veins obstructing the blood circulation.
Any of these conditions can be caused by neurohormonal factors, toxic, infectious, metabolic, or by the wear and tear of tissues in the leg.
We can normally detect the appearance of varicose veins in two ways: one is visually and the other is when the legs feel heavy, tired, tingling, cramped or painful. Primary symptoms affect only the superficial veins which are under the skin. Secondary symptoms are the deep vein type.
The correct way to relax
The most important thing to keep in mind to treat varicose veins is the blood purification.Many people think that creams, ointments or oils can cure this condition. This alleviates and helps to some extent, but the most important thing is to internally purify the blood of the toxins and restore the proper functioning of the internal organs.The will in turn assist in the strengthening of weakened vein regions. Adopting a more natural diet helps to detoxify the organisms while helping to purify the bloodstream.
If possible, moderate exercise should be done on the legs everyday, while in a lying position. During sleep may need to keep your legs slightly elevated, with the aid of a cushion in order to encourage the return of blood.
Moderate walks outdoors, and deep breathing practice will keep you relaxed. After every shower or bath you should try to rinse yourself off with cold water, starting at the feet, and up to your chest. While you are sitting, have your legs on a chair, in order to facilitate the movement.
- Bicycle action, lying on your back. Place your hands under your buttocks to keep your lower back pressed to the floor properly. Make a circular motion with your legs as if pedaling a bicycle. Perform 20 repetitions and rest. Repeat 3 times.
- Still on your back. Starting with legs bent, raise both knees to the chest, stretch vertically and then lower back to the floor while bent. Perform 15 repetitions and rest. Repeat 3 times.
- Stretching the quadriceps. Lying on your side, bend your right leg and hold the foot back behind you, trying to touch the buttocks. Do the same with the left leg. Try to keep your knees together throughout the exercise. Stretch for 30 seconds, rest and repeat 2 times.
- Hamstring stretch. Lying on your back, Straighten both legs and lift one leg as high as possible Hold the leg straight with both hands to the height of the calf. Try not to lift your hips off the ground. If you have trouble reaching your leg, use a towel to wrap around and pull. Stretch for 30 seconds and rest. Repeat with the other leg.
- Using a beanbag. While Barefoot, sit with your legs bent. The objective is to exercise the ankle gently by passing the beanbag from one foot to another. Repeat about 10 times.
- Self-massage on the sole. Can be done either standing or sitting, simply roll a small ball under the foot. Repeat 10 times and do the same with the other foot.
A better diet
Avoiding as much processed food as possible will help reduce varicose veins. Not just diet alone but it will help a great deal. Many women have reported up to 90% reduction due to switching to mainly organic foods. Not just for the veins but for you whole health in general.
- Varicose Veins - Causes And Prevention
Approximately 3 out of every 10 adults will develop varicose veins - are you at risk?