Are You Sleep Deprived? Tips To Treat Sleep Disorder, Insomnia, Sleeplessness!
Fighting Sleeplessness or Insomnia!
What Are The Benefits of Sleeping well!
- Better blood circulation;
- BMR (Basal metabolic rate) improves, which is beneficial for weight management;
- Hormonal balance is maintained;
- Digestive and excretory system is adequate;
- Eyes and Skin are healthy, (no dark circles);
- Your immunity level is good;
- You feel happy, energetic, active and relaxed.
What is Insomnia?
© Chitrangada Sharan Aug. 2013
All Rights Reserved.
The modern lifestyle and mental anxiety, stress, personal tensions, different health issues may lead to sleeplessness or sleep disorder, which in medical terms is called 'Insomnia'.
- Innumerable persons suffer from this disease, without even realising that they are suffering from a disease.
- Mental tension or anxiety are intimately correlated and they might lead to loss of sleep.
- Worry or excitement also may keep a person away from sound sleep, essential for good health.
- Lack of physical fatigue, adverse weather, tight clothing or uncomfortable clothes and mattress, consumption of stimulating drinks, such as tea, coffee or others, sexual dissatisfaction----all these can lead to sleeplessness or Insomnia.
- Constipation and indigestion can also affect and can drive away from proper sleep.
- As we age, the 'sleep' has a tendency to decrease.
Insomnia affects your whole body adversely!
Other useful hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- How To Take Care Of Your Eyes---Simple Yogic Eye Exe...
Can you imagine, what the world would be without the eyes? Eyes are the most precious of all body parts and perhaps the most neglected part. So, how do we take care of our most precious possession?
How much sleep is enough?
- There is a general understanding that six to eight hours of sleep is enough to recharge your body.
- Though sleep is very important for our body, no general rules can be laid down, regarding the duration or depth.
- Some people are not satisfied even with nine to ten hours of sleep. They would still feel sleepy.
- There are others for whom, even four to five hours sleep is more then enough to rejuvenate them.
- Mahatma Gandhi, Indira Gandhi and many other world leaders slept for a few hours. But that did not affect their intelligence or wittiness.
- Think of the soldiers, the scientists in their labs. the doctors and nurses on duty, how much sleep can they afford! Very few hours of sleep, of course. Yet they are active, extremely sharp and always ready to deliver their duties sincerely.
What I am trying to convey is that we devote a lot more time to sleep than is actually required.
-----is a phrase coined normally to describe a 5 to 10 minutes of sleep. Try this and it is very effective for executives in office jobs. Generally if taken during the lunch break, it refreshes and rejuvenates the person.
sleep is such a luxury, which i cant afford.”
― Robin Sikarwar
“O sleep, O gentle sleep, Nature's soft nurse, how have I frightened thee, 1710. That thou no more will weigh my eyelids down, And steep my senses in forgetfulness?”
― William Shakespeare,
Sleep Deprivation leads to irritability and lack of concentration!
10 Tips To Cure Insomnia or Sleep Disorder:
- Have an early supper/ dinner. Take light and easily digestible food.Avoid taking food items, which produce gas.
- Do not take liquid food items in large quantities, during or after dinner.
- Sleep is a natural sequel to physical fatigue. Therefore take a long walk after dinner.
- A hot/ warm water bath before going to bed also stimulates sound sleep.
- You can use some pleasant fragrance in bath or even in your bedroom, to soothe the senses.
- Wear loose cotton clothes and your bed also should be clean and the bed sheet preferably cotton or skin friendly.
- If still sleep is eluding you, lie down on bed in 'SHAVASANA'.
- While lying down, do not think or worry about any problem. After a while, your eyes will become heavy and you will fall down to sleep.
- There are other ways to stimulate sleep. Some people fall to sleep, while reading a book. Some like to listen to soft and light music, before sleep. Discover, what you like to stimulate sound sleep.
- Acupressure and some Yoga asanas help you in getting sleep. Learn it from an expert. Some Acupressure points produce sedative effects.
Are you suffering from sleep disorder or Insomnia?
To Sum Up~~~
- Insomnia is usually the result of mental anxiety. The lifestyle of today gives rise to stress and tension and inadequate physical fatigue.
- Sleeping pills are available at the chemist stores very easily. But it is not wise or desirable to take them on a regular basis, because they produce harmful side effects and secondly they are addictive too.
- If one follows with patience and perseverance, the simple and harmless measures suggested above, there is no doubt that you will get proper and sound sleep.
© Chitrangada Sharan 7th August, 2013
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Tips to improve your Sleep: source: You tube
Soft bedtime music source: You tube
Other Useful Hubs By Chitrangada Sharan
- The Benefits Of Massage Therapy With Herbal Oils/ Sp...
Massage as an alternative therapy to relieve stress, pain and anxiety is an age old practice. It has become more scientific with the practice of using Herbal, medicinal oils in Modern Massage centers.
- Tobacco Kills : The Harmful Effects Of Smoking And P...
According to WHO reports, 6 million people die every year, due to tobacco related illness! Passive smoking is more harmful, than smoking. Small kids, pregnant women, elderly and sick all are affected.
- Brisk Walking Is Safe And Easy To Remain Fit : How T...
Brisk walking is the safest and easiest form of exercise. While the fresh air does wonders to your mood, energy levels, blood circulation; you don't even realize that you have finished your exercises!
- Constipation: Causes, Prevention, Home Remedies And ...
Do you suffer from Constipation and keep on trying various medicines, only to find temporary relief? Its a common disorder but if you adopt certain suggested measures, you can get rid of it forever.
- How To Make Your Bones Strong And Healthy~~Food And ...
Bone health is very important for living a normal and healthy life. Proper attention must be paid to Specific food and exercises meant to improve bone health to prevent Arthritis and Osteoporosis.
- Benefits Of Yoga And Yogic Exercises~~For Sound Mind...
Yogasana is preferred over other forms of physical exercises. Why! As it is safe and can be practiced at any age and without getting exhausted. Learn to perform it correctly, to get the max. benefits.
© 2013 Chitrangada Sharan