How To Keep Eyes Healthy With Videos By Baba Ramdev
How To Keep Eyes Healthy
The importance of keeping eyes healthy is only realised when our eyes suffer. Rather, when we suffer due to one or the other problem with our eyes. Various actions of ours cause detrimental effects to our eyes or eyesight. Wouldn't it be great if we knew how to keep our eyes healthy for as long as possible? Here are some pointers that will ensure that your eyes remain in good health for a long time.
Find out how to keep eyes healthy, as suggested by Yoga and Ayurveda.
How To Wash Eyes Properly
- Constipation as we know is the root cause of most disorders in our body. This holds no less true in eye health. Since constipation causes retention of waste products for a longer period in our intestines, the released toxins find their way to the tissues and cause a variety of health problems.
Hence do not allow yourself to get constipated.
- Ayurveda recommends that during bath time we should make it a practice to bathe our eyes in pure water. To do this fill a bucket with water, dip the face in the water and open and close the eyes a few times.
- At night, before going to sleep, wash the hands, feet and eyes. Swish some water around in your mouth to clean it too (even if you have brushed your teeth). Then massage the soles of your feet with mustard oil. This keeps the eyes healthy and prevents many eye afflictions.
- Apply mustard oil to the head and massage it well. Also walking barefoot on lawn grass, early in the morning especially, when it is covered with dew helps in keeping the eyesight strong.
- When eyes are tired or tensed, close the eyes for a few minutes and relax.
How To Tackle Eye Diseases
- Consume nutritious food and reduce consumption of junk food as much as possible to maintain eyesight.
- Never watch a solar eclipse with naked eyes.
- Green is a soothing color and helps in increasing eyesight. During hours of computer usage it benefits to look at greenery or green color every once in a while.
- Fill your mouth with water before washing your face with cold water. If possible do this three times a day. Sprinkling cold water on eyes is also beneficial to the eyes.
- If eyes are red, have pain or are swollen, keep a cold water compress on the eyes. Keep replacing as soon as it gets a bit warm. In winter, this should be done with hot water.
Yoga For Eye Diseases
- After meals, wash hands and rub the wet hands together for a while and keep on the eyes. This prevents simple infections of the eyes.
- Cup your palms over both eyes to prevent light from reaching them. Open the eyes for a minute to absorb the darkness. Do this a number of times. It removes eye fatigue, pain and redness.
- Redness of eyes can occur due to excessive smoking and drinks. Dark circles are the result of stress and anemia. Put thin cucumber slices on both the eyes after lying down to get relief.
- In many cases the practice of looking straight cures mild cases of squint. To do this, get glasses without any number. Keep the central portion of the glass transparent while darkening the surrounding area with black paint or black paper.
Wear this regularly while working. It helps in correcting mild cases of squint.
- One more simple remedy for mild squint is ;
Keep the tip of the index finger on the tip of the nose. Practice focussing both the eyes on the tip of the finger. After a while move the finger towards the right temple, then between the eyebrows and the to the left temple. Follow the movement of the finger with your eyes.
These simple tips if followed regularly and faithfully, will ensure eye health for a long time.
The above videos by Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev show you how to keep eyes healthy, through Ayurveda and Yoga.
The information provided in this hub is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your physician, or health care provider before taking any home remedies or supplements or embarking on a new health regime.
An Excellent Resource For Eye health
- All About Vision - Complete Consumer Guide About Vision and Eye Care
A complete consumer guide to vision and eye care. Learn about eye safety, eye nutrition, LASIK, contact lenses, eye problems and treatments, and much more.
Some of my other Health topic hubs
- The Effects Of Fatty Foods And Fats - Saturated, Unsaturated, Polyunsaturated And Trans Fats - On Th
Fats - the very name is confusing and scary. Which should one eat? Which is healthy? Which should one avoid? Why Eat This? Why Avoid That? Want to have answers to these questions and more? Then read on...
- MSG - MonoSodium Glutamate - The Common Food Additive, Its Allergy Effects And Its Long Term Adverse
MSG or mono sodium glutamate, the cause of a variety of disease conditions is added to a mind boggling number of foods. Read the far reaching health implications of this food additive that is added to enhance the perception of flavor of food..
- Glycemic Index And Glycemic Load - How Does Food Affect Blood Sugar (Glucose) Levels And The After
Glycemic Index and Glycemic Load are 2 very important and confusing terms to the layman. But, to stay healthy, it is very important to understand their implications and applications in our daily diet. To get a clearer understanding of these much tout
© 2012 Rajan Singh Jolly