- Kids Health
Home Remedies For Stammering and Stuttering
How to Help your child to over come stammering?
What is Stammering?
Stammering is associated with disruptions in fluency of speech, the smooth flow and timing of speech is interrupted. There is repetitions of sounds,syllables or words a or sometimes there is prolongations of certain sounds or words , It seems that speech is forced out of your throat (as if someone has a dry throat and is incapable to speak),One may sound tense or jerky.Sometimes it is seen that people who stammer avoid social gathering and become introvert.
Stammering is not only a speech difficulty or inconvenience but is a communication problem for any age group ,it often undermine one's confidence in him or her and also lower the self-esteem, it affect the interactions with others. A person's education and future prospectus such as employment is affected.
It is not really known what makes a person to stammer ,but definitely there are some Genetics reasons lying behind this fault. If Someone has somebody who stammer in the family then it seems more likely to build a stammering habit themselves.
Some children are at a high risk of developing chronic stammering which may linger into adulthood, if not cared at right time .Parental Awareness Campaigns should be introduced at school level and this problem should be delt at "a prime note".Early signs of stammering should be referred to a speech and language therapist so that parents and therapist's team up to help the child who stammer. It helps to improve fluency in speech, build confidence and communication skills in a child.
Apart from speech therapist's help we have some home remedies that may help to stop stammering or stuttering
The home remedies are as follows:--
- Give one fresh green Amala to a child to chew and eat ,it helps the child to stop stammering as this remedy will thin the tongue ,and the speech of a child will become clear, have it until results are obtained.
- Rub 7 seeds of almond on a grater with 7 seeds of black pepper with few drops of water make the paste and to it add some sugar candy (mishri),lick this mixture for 15 days early in the morning, empty stomach .This will help to stop stammering or stuttering in a child.
- Mix some black pepper powder to home made butter and have it until stammering or stuttering is stopped.
- Take a bay leaf and place it under the tongue, it helps to improve the speech .
- Green coriander leaves and golden shower flower's fruit pulp is mixed with water and is churned to make a medication for stammering or stuttering,Gargling with this mixture for 21 days.It helps to thin the tongue surface and clear the speech .
- A single exercise which parents can perform with the children who stammer ,that is ,take a thin muslin clean cloth ,ask the child to put out its tongue ,hold the tip of the tongue with the cloth and give a slight jerk to the tongue and pull it forward ,if this is dome for few months the child will start speaking clearly .(just pull once a day )