Staying happy in life
What makes you happy in life? Have you ever thought about this? Even if you have a successful career and lots of money, you may not be very happy.
Recently i started thinking about the things which i do in my life to keep myself happy and which give me the real happiness. I would like to share my thoughts which may also be helpful in your life to make you happy.
- Keep smiling - First rule of happiness is always have a smile on your face. If you try to do that, others will also smile to you because smile is contagious. If we learn to smile on every problems of our life, the problems will become very small and slowly they will vanish.
- Stay healthy - Follow all the rules for a healthy life and most important rule is have nutritious food. Have a combination of all vitamins and nutrients in your food. Eat 7 times a day at least. Refrain from fried and oily foods. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Good food means no sickness and a healthy life.
- Do exercise suitable according to your age - Spend atleast 30 minutes daily for an exercise suitable for your age, be it walking, running, gym, swimming, dancing, etc. The more you burn your extra calories, the more healthier you are.
- Be physically active - Even if you cannot find time for exercise, be physically active which means never sit idle. Do something which keeps you moving. You can go to market for some shopping, you can wash clothes by hand, or any other work manually. This will keep your body active and hence will keep you happy.
- Pray - Dedicate sometime of your day for prayer to god. It doesn't matter to which religion you belong, but praying for sometime calms our mind, gives us the inner strength to fight from problems and increases our faith in god.
- Medidate - Prayer and meditation are related in a way. Just sitting and meditating for 5-10 minutes daily will make you more calm and peaceful. As a result, you won't trouble yourself for unnecessary worries.
- Yoga - Yoga is another form of exercise to keep yourself healthy. Yoga involves meditation too. Hence, it keeps our mind and heart healthy and happy.
- Share your feelings - Have atleast one person in your life to share your feelings, worries and any childish thoughts you may have. You will feel so much relaxed.
- Play with kids - Play a lot with your kids and give lots of time to them. Laugh with them. You will feel as if all your worries are going out.
- Don't worry - Don't worry about small small things what others say. Don't trouble yourself with silly problems. Let them go off your mind.
- Follow a hobby - Follow any hobby which you may have. It can be anything that keeps you engaged and happy like reading books, watching television, playing sports, dancing, etc.