- Personal Health Information & Self-Help»
- Self-Help for Sleep Issues & Sleeplessness
Stop Snoring Remedy: How To Stop Snoring
How To Stop Snoring
Snoring is something that we often make fun of, but the fact is that snoring is a very serious issue, that can be a sign of a vulnerable health or a bad habit leading to health disorders. Therefore, finding a stop snoring remedy should be a priority for anyone having problems in getting a “quiet” sleep.
There are various snoring remedies from simple ones that do not require too much effort from our side, to a few very unpleasant like surgery or wearing devices to correct the position of our tongue or the openness of our nasal strips. As you can imagine, wearing them is not always very comfortable. Before going for this kind of solutions, better look more closely for a stop snoring remedy, analyzing your sleeping, nutrition and lifestyle habits. Very often, these are causes of snoring and can be easily fixed.
- What is the position of your body when you are sleeping? Snoring often appears when something in our oral cavity area is not in its place or it’s not working properly. It could be your tongue falling back and blocking the airways. This usually occurs when you are sleeping on your back. If this is the case, try to change your sleeping position to one side. You can also try to elevate a little your body, by supporting your head with a thicker pillow.
- How is your weight? If you are overweight, look no more for a stop snoring remedy, as there it is. Keep a diet, make exercises, do everything in your power to lose some weight. It will improve for certain your sleep sound and quality.
- How are your diners? Are you one of those who like to have a copious dinner and then go to sleep? No wonder you are snoring then. Replace your plentiful dinners with frugal ones and, as reward, you will have a better good night sleep.
- Are you smoking or drinking alcohol? Like any addictions, smoking and alcohol consumption tend to change the breathing mechanisms. If you are a smoker and/or drinker, fighting your vice can be the best stop snoring remedy.
- Do you have a sensation of dry stuffy nose? Then, your key to a good night sleep could be one of the following: inhaling the steam of some boiled water or put some eucalyptus or peppermint moisture on you superior lip. It will unblock your airways and give you freedom to breathe over the night.
- Do you know yourself allergic to something? If yes, try a nose spray based on saline substances as it is safe to use. But even if you don’t know that you are suffering from allergy and you find yourself having breathing problems and snoozing huffs, take further tests to check your sensitivity.
Assessing your lifestyle habits is the first step you should take when looking for a stop snoring remedy. Most often, if you put the finger on the cause you are at midway to a good night sleep. If you can’t identify the cause within your eating and living style, the next stage is going for deeper medical investigation.
How To Exercise To Stop Snoring
Snoring is a sign of something going out of order within our organism or is simply a bad sleeping habit caused by the position of our body that can trigger diseases like hypertension, heart problems or diabetes. Although, snoring may be considered a sign of a deep sleep, the truth is that snoring forbids us from taking a good rest. And what is even more serious, it forbids people around us, resting too.
Snoring is a vibration sound caused by two or more elements in our oral cavity (soft palate, uvula, tongue, throat tonsils and/or muscles) rubbing one against each other. Some ways to correct this flaw are surgeries, wearing medical devices, but as you can imagine this is not very comfortable, not to mention the related costs. One of the cheapest and easiest ways to fix it is represented by the exercises to stop snoring.
Here are some tricks that you can use to retrieve your peaceful sleep:
1. Strengthen your tongue. Like any muscle, our tongue needs exercise to stay fit. One of the most effective exercises to strengthen your tongue consists in sticking it out tightly and trying to touch, one after the other, your chin, and your nose your left and right cheek.
2. Work on your throat muscles by pretending you are in front of a photo camera. Say “Cheese” and keep a smile on your face for about five seconds. Repeat for a few times more. It is not only one of the easiest exercises to stop snoring, but it will also help you unwind a little, by forcing you to smile.
3. Loosen your jaws. Tensioned jaw muscles can lead to snoring. Help them loosen up by opening your mouth and keeping it like this for about 10 seconds. Repeat the exercise ten times per day.
4. Keep you facial muscles fit with the following exercise: Strip your lips as if you were preparing to give a kiss and remain like this for 10 seconds. Repeat the exercise 10 times per day and after a few days your sleep can improve.
5. One of the simplest exercises to stop snoring is to pretend you are chewing gum for one minute, every day. It is very effective because it impacts several groups of muscles: mouth, tongue and jaws.
6. Could you believe that singing would help you stop snoring? Work on the vocal cords like a professional singer, by singing “La-la-la-la-la” on the tip of the voice and holding the last sound high for about three seconds. Repeat the exercise at least three times per day. It is one of the funniest exercises to stop snoring, but it is also very useful because it will strengthen your throat muscles, if it is pursued with perseverance.
Following these tricks is easy and costs only a few minutes of your day. But the long term results can make a big difference in your life and the life of people around you. Bear in mind though that, if they are not associated with a healthy nutrition and lifestyle, these exercises to stop snoring loose a significant part of their efficiency.