- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions
Stubborn Cough Could Be an Asthma Symptoms in Children
Symptoms of asthma not always shortness of breath or wheezing sound. Parents and teachers in schools should be observant to recognize symptoms of asthma in children, because a stubborn cough is a symptom of asthma.
Not everyone can know with certainty what caused the cough, because there are so many conditions or diseases are accompanied by a stubborn cough.
As quoted from the Health, there are 8 conditions that can cause stubborn cough, namely:
1. Asthma and allergies
2. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
4. Respiratory tract infections
5. Air Pollution
6. Acute bronchitis
7. Use of ACE inhibitor drugs
Meaning of stubborn cough is including some similar circumstances, namely:
1. A cough that lasts longer, usually more than 2 weeks
2. Difficult recovery
3. Improved briefly and then relapse again
4. Arise repeatedly in a short time interval
Cough in children with asthma will arise if the child is exposed to the trigger factors, which can be:
1. Home environment, such as house dust, cigarette smoke, cotton, or fur
2. Food, such as ice, candy, chocolate, peanuts, fried, savory snacks containing MSG
3. Other factors, such as influenza (acute respiratory infection), excessive physical activity, fatigue or weather changes
Asthma coughing has another characteristic, which is more severe at night or early morning, or on waking
Sometimes the cough intensity difference between the day and night so extreme. Consequently, the children who already in school will be sleepy at school or even skipping.
This is what usually makes the achievement of children with asthma decreased. But a severe asthma symptoms and their impact on achievement in school can be overcome, if the symptoms of asthma in children can be recognized by both as well as avoidance of factors originators.
Other symptoms of asthma in children, namely:
1. Cough with phlegm, repeated, long
2. Breath wheezing sound
3. Fast and shortness of breath
4. Chest Pain
5. Hard to say
6. Blue around the mouth
My Others Hub:
- Treating Asthma With Goat's Milk
- Don't Forget to Rinse Your Mouth After Using an Asthma Spray
- Myths of Asthma
- Overcoming Asthma While Pregnant
- Facebook Can Trigger an Asthma Attack, Really?
- Asthma? Consump Magnesium!
- Fried Insects Can Worsen Asthma
- Large Waisted Women Easy to Affected by Asthma
- May, Month of World Asthma
- Chlorine in Swimming Pool Trigger Allergy and Asthma
- Controlling Asthma in Children
- Case of Baby Suffered Asthma Is Increasing