Sudocrem can be Used to Treat Spots, Sunburn, Jock Itch and Sweat Rash
Always Have Sudecrem Handy
Invented in 1932 in Dublin by professional pharmacist Thomson Smith, Sudocrem is probably best known as a diaper or nappy rash cream. It soothes and heals a baby’s skin while, at the same time, creating a moisture resistant barrier between urine or feaces and the baby's bottom. Mothers around the world have at least one pot in their homes at any given time, but there are lots of other uses for this wonder cream. As it is inexpensive and easy to get hold of, why not try it for other things. These are some suggestions:
Seven Different Uses for Sudocrem
- Sudocrem can be used as a spot, pimple or acne treatment. Use a dab of Sudocrem on cleaned spots and blemishes on any part of the body and the healing process is really sped up. Best used overnight night, any redness is usually drastically reduced by the following morning and the spots look less visible in one simple treatment.
- Use as a once-a-week face mask. Apply a really thin layer of Sudocrem over a freshly cleansed face before going to bed. In the morning your face will feel soft and the antibacterial ingredients will protect it.
- Sudocrem can be used to treat Jock itch, sweat rash and heat rash. Sooth sore skin with a generous layer of Sudocrem over the upper groin and between thighs, where jock itch develops. The area should be washed thoroughly first to remove sweat and salt, then dry the skin and cover the whole sore area with the cream. The thickness protects the skin from further irritation while the antiseptic works to heal. The improvement can be seen in hours and the itching is reduced immediately. It can also be used on healthy skin to protect against jock itch and sweat rash developing. How can I cure jock itch or jock rash is one of the most often asked questions on the internet, and it really is simple with Sudocrem. Make it part of your routine to shower, dry and spread an even layer of Sudocrem on the area each night and everything will feel much better in the morning.
- Use it on pets. Sudocrem can be used on dogs, horses and cats but they mustn't ingest too much of it so make sure they don't lick it straight off. It is good if they have small cuts or scrapes, and also if they have overactive yeast build up or chaffed skin in their arm pits and folds of skin. It heals, stops itching and also can create a barrier against rubbing.
- Sudacrem heals sunburn and other minor burns. This cream is good at soothing light burns when the skin hasn't been broken. Gently apply a thin layer over the affected area. If the skin blisters or is open, then this is not the right treatment however.
- After shaving. Sudocrem can help reduce shaving rash especially on a lady’s bikini area, with a generous layer on clean skin. It works well in armpits as well.
- As a concealer under make-up. Apply a thin layer on blemishes or spots before applying your usual make-up. The white colour of Sudocrem fades the appearance of the blemish while the antiseptic continues to work on healing where needed.
In the US this product is not as well known as it is in Europe, but have a look at the reviews on Amazon for this product - most people talk about it as though it is a miracle cream. It is very inexpensive and can be kept for ages. My advice would be to buy the smaller pot because a little goes a long way and you can carry it with you.
Make Sure the Skin is Clean and Dry
With all of these treatments, it is key to make sure the skin is clean and thoroughly dried before applying every time. As a baby product, it is gentle for most people but there will be some who are sensitive to the ingredients and so should stop using it immediately if it causes discomfort.
Ingredients in Sudocrem
Taken straight off the back of a 125g pot -Zinc Oxide PH, EUR. 15.25%, Benzyl Alcohol BP 0.39%, Benzyl Benzoate B.P., 1.01%, Benzyl Cinnamate 0.15%, Lanolin (Hypo-Allergenic) 4%, Liquid Paraffin, Paraffin Wax, Beeswax, Microcrystalline wax, Sodium Benzoate, Linalyl Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Butylated Hydroxyanisole, Sodium Sesquioleate, Lavender fragrance.