- Women's Health
Surgery Day 3: Walk down the hall.
Day 3 PhotosClick thumbnail to view full-size
Let's take a walk
Today was a big day. I managed to get up and walk a few steps outside my door and back. Granted, I had a lot of support from wonderful nurse Bettina and two others.
I'm coughing more today (that really hurts) and my temperature has been up above 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- My butt is sore from sitting so much. I can't lay flat because of the TRAM Flap stitching;
- I'm getting frightened about how much the pain will increase when they take out the epidural from my back. Yup, it's still back there pumping in happy drugs;
- People who call me in the hospital: I really do appreciate your calls. And not as a bitchy note, just a request...After I've cut off my tits, this isn't the time to say, "Well, I guess you did the right thing." I appreciate the call, but I can't handle the doubt. When your chances of getting breast cancer "were" (Yay, I can finally say that) as high as mine, then feel free to make those same judgements. If I'm not making sense right now, it's because I keep falling asleep every few words;
- Most of the time, it feels like someone is sticking a knife in the side of my left "new boob;"
- Every so often, it feels like someone is pressing down on my shoulders. I'll open my eyes to find nobody there;
- Nurses get excited when you tell them you farted. Mom doesn't like me writing the word "farted." She'd rather I say, passed gas; and
- I'm having some interesting dreams about having dinner in a really good restaurant. I think we were at Roy's, one of my favorites. Yes, in my delirium, I dream about eating out.