HOW TO CURE PHLEGM WITH RADISH
Do you like the radish smell?
Nutritional Value of Radish
Radish is one of the treatment for phlegm and cures sore throat. There are different species of radish. The white ones are the most common. No matter what color it is, radish is generally very nutritious and rich in vitamins A,B,C,D and E.
Red and white ones are especially nutritious. Radish are cold in nature and helps to clear heat in the body effectively.
Radish generally enhances metabolism with its vast reserve of nutrients.
When you are in a hurry...
TREATMENT USING RADISH
- EXPELS PHLEGM
There are different medications for expelling phlegm using chinese herbs such as Chuan Bei, Japanese Senega and Ban Xia.
Each has its own excellent quality. However, boiling Radish Soup is the simplest method to expel phlegm especially toddlers and older people who have difficulty to spit or cough out the thick mucus. Radish helps to loosed the phlegm, reduces the throat irritation and soreness. It is a natural vegetable to cure sore throat and phlegm.
1 cup of radish juice per day effectively heal common cold or other disease associated with throat infection. Some people couldn't stand the bitter taste, therefore vomit immediately after drinking it. Adults should try to drink radish juice to clear the lungs and cures indigestion after a hearty meal especially oily food. Boiling radish soups is another alternative way which is easy and simple too.
There is a method to sweeten radish juice by mixing water chestnut juice and 1 tablespoon of honey with warm water. If children refuse to drink radish soup, try boiling radish seeds in water with honey.
RADISH RECIPE PART 1
1 croaker fish or white fish cod
2 stalks Chinese celery stem (sectioned)
3 slices ginger
2 tbsp Soybean paste
1/2 tsp sugar
- Mash soy bean paste. Set aside.
- Rinse and wipe dry fish.
- Peel radish.
- Rinse and shred.
- Poach in water for 5 min.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat 3tbsp oil in a wok.
- Pan fry fish until both sides slightly browned.
- Add ginger, radish, bean paste and seasoning in.
- Pour in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Cover the lid and cook for 5min.
- Add Chinese celery and bring to boil.
- Serve hot.
RADISH RECIPE PART 2Click thumbnail to view full-size
1 medium radish
6 pieces of Chinese black mushroom, soaked
1 small carrot
3 pieces Chinese Kurma
12 pieces red dates
- Peel radish. Rinse and cut radish into quarters.
- Peel carrot. Rinse and cut into cubes.
- Boil 12 cups of water in a sou pot or a slow cooker.
- Put in radish, carrot, red dates, mushroom and Chinese kurma into the pot.
- Boil for 30min.
- Turn to low heat and simmer for 2 hours.
- Turn off heat when all radish and carrot have soften.
MORE SOUP RECIPES:
- Rice Prawns with Salted Vegetable
It is actually a soup recipe accompanied with rice for light meals. Suitable for sick patients or someone with lack of appetite.
© 2010 peachy