French Beans Health Benefit and Recipes
Green beans or French Beans
In the WEST ( USA) these are famously known as "Green Beans" due to the natural green color and the bean pods in it. Others may call this veggie "Snap beans" because it snaps easily.
As for Asians and French , it is known as "French Beans", maybe it was first found by the French people?
Locally, French Beans are short and slender greens, a younger cousin of the Long beans which looks wrinkle, old and very long length, bulky bean pods that are crunchy and crisp.
In UK, it is known as "Fine beans" due to the natural fine, slender nature.
Weather means more when you have a garden. There's nothing like listening to a shower and thinking how it is soaking in around your green beans.— Marcelene Cox
Health Benefits of French Beans
- French Beans contain protein, fat, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin A, B, D and iron.
- French Beans are highly nutritious. One of the function is to help blood hemoglobin production. Vitamin B benefits our spleen and kidneys.
- They also stimulate sperm production and virility.
- In addition, they help to reduce swelling stomach, bad appetite, spleen, stomach, kidney weakness (lack of strength and energy), nocturnal emission, premature ejaculation and frequent urination.
- However, do not eat them raw because they contain red blood coagulant which will cause food poisoning.
- French beans are extremely high in folates. It is one of the compulsory nutrients that combines with vitamin B to form DNA and cell division. This is important during pregnancy as it may prevent neural -tube defects of the foetus.
I used to dislike eating vegetables including French beans.
However, after learning that besides stir fry French Beans, I could turn them into vegetable juice and smoothie for a change.
My kids and I love French beans smoothie, makes our bowel movement become obedient!
More Reasons Why You Should Eat French Beans
- Blood cells production
The high iron content helps to increase blood cells production. When frying french beans, they will produce dark liquid which is actually oxidized iron. It is advisable not to dispose it.
French Beans also helps to relieve constipation. the pods of French Beans are high in fiber content. therefore, these pods helps defecation easily. Patients having constant constipation, dry and hard stool ought to consume French Beans occasionally. Our intestine are able to absorb all the nutrition quickly and effectively.
Another benefit of consuming French Beans is they aid in improving our eyesight. The vitamin A is good for those people with visually poor eyesight. Stir fried pork or beef or chicken liver with French Beans is a great dish.
- Prevent Beri-Beri Illness
People consuming regular white rice instead of brown rice usually suffer from insufficient vitamin B. When patients feet start to swell slightly and getting tired easily, these symptoms signify the early stage of Beri-Beri disease.
- What is Beri-Beri?
Beri-Beri is a nervous system ailment caused by a thiamine deficiency, insufficient of vitamin B in a person's diet. It affects the cardiovascular system whereby the victim experiences weakness and pain in limbs, irregular heart beat, impaired sensory and weight loss.
- How to cure Beri-Beri disease?
In order to heal early stage of Beri-Beri disease, try to cook brown rice with nuts, with the outer red sheath removed. While the rice is still cooking, add chopped French Beans, minced pork and shredded mushrooms on top. This makes a delicious dish.
Fastest way to remove the strings
#1 Stir Fry French Beans with Tofu
I love my Roichen Wok
I love my Roichen wok because the food doesn't stick to the ceramic wok after cooking. You know when you fry vegetables with minced meat, the meat will stick to the wok, making it a headache to get it off unless you had to soak with water.
Roichen wok doesn't have this problem. The meat doesn't stick to the wok and my French beans dish slip off the wok easily into the shallow plate!
1 large onion-diced
1 stick cinnamon
2 pieces beancurd -fried and cubed
500g minced beef
French beans, cabbage- sliced
1 tbsp oil
Blend into a paste
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp thick soy sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp pepper
sugar and salt to taste
- In a wok, heat up 1 tbsp oil and fry the diced onion, cinnamon stick until fragrant.
- Add the vegetables and enough water to cover.
- Put in minced meat and boil until the meat is cooked.
- Add in the blended paste and beancurd.
- Simmer it until the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot.
Tips to cook French Beans
1. Stir fried French beans with dried shrimps and garlic makes a wonderful crisp dish with white rice.
2. Steam minced pork with seasoning and chopped French Beans for toddlers and old folks who are lack of appetite.
3. Chopped French Beans makes a perfect ingredients for salads.
French Beans Fried Rice
- a packet of french beans, remove strings, wash, cut into small sections
- 1 tbsp dried shrimps, soak and drain
- 1 tbsp pork floss
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- a few slices carrots
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat up wok. Sauté garlic and onions until fragrant
- Add in dried shrimps, stir fry until aromatic.
- Add in french beans and carrots. Cover up the wok to allow the vegetables to cook.
- Pour in beaten egg white, seasoning and a little water to moisten the dish.
- When the egg whites turn hard. turn off heat.
- Transfer french beans dish to a plate and garnish with pork floss. Serve hot.
How often do you eat French Beans?
Try this Bok Choy and tofu soup
Vegetable recipes written by peachpurple
- Pea Sprouts Benefits and How to Cook Them
Pea sprouts are naturally sweet in nature and easy to cook. It is a versatile veggie that goes well with soups, stir fries and salads
- Mustard Greens and recipes
Mustard green is one of the most green leafy vegetable in Asian countries. Mustard green is cheap, easy to purchase and quick to cook at the shortest time. You can choose to stir fry with garlic and ginger, which is the common dish in Chinese familie
- Pak Choy and recipes
Pak Choy Soup with Tofu is a clear , soothing soup for hot or warm weather. Both are full of protein and easy to cook, ready in 15 minutes. Great soup for sick patients and elderly folks.
- Snow Peas and recipes
Snow peas are easy to cook and cooks easily compare to long beans. It is crispy, crunchy and sweet. Suitable for salads and stir fries or stews.
© 2010 peachy