Take Lemon Juice For Good Health
Lemon is a readily available inexpensive citrus fruit that has culinary and medicinal uses. It is used in many recipes because of it's unique flavour it adds to food. Lemon has several health benefits. I will be talking about them in this hub.
Nutrients found in Lemon.
Lemon is usually taken in the form of lemon water or lemon juice. Here are some of the health benefits of lemon juice.
- Lemon juice aids digestion and relieves digestion problems such as nausea, heartburn and constipation.
- Lemon juice acts a blood purifier and as a cleansing agent.
- Lemon juice aids free bowel.
- It aids the liver to produce more bile for metabolism and activates intestinal secreation.
- Lemon juice is known for its ability to dissolve gallstones.
- It decreases the amount of phlegm in the body and cures respiratory diseases.
- The Vitamin C found in lemon rejuvenate the skin.
- It can be used as an anti-aging remedy.
- Lemon juice reduces the burning sensation in the body.
- Lemon juice is also known for its' ability to fade scars.
- Lemon juice alleviates toothache and can stop bleeding gum.
- Lemon juice has antibacterial property that fights throat infections.
- The potassium found in lemon juice controls high blood pressure and heart problems.
- It is also known for its ability to reduce mental stress.
- It flushes toxins from the body.
- It can be used to treat fever because it increases perspiration.
- Lemon juice if applied to the scalp cures dandruff and hair fall because it contains Vitamin B which is essential for hair growth.
- Lemon juice if applied provides relieve from bee sting.
- Lemon juice reduces arterial pressure.
- Lemon juice stimulates blood circulation.
1. For sore throat, dilute one-half lemon juice with one-half water and gargle frequently.
2. For digestion, mix lemon juice with hot water.
3. For internal bleeding, soak a piece of cotton with lemon and place inside the nose.
4. For skin, apply fresh juice to the area of skin to fade scare, soften or brighten up. To get rid or blackheads, rub lemon juice over the area before going to bed at night. Rinse your face in the morning. Repeat the procedure until the blackheads are gone.
5. For detoxification, mix lemon juice with warm water. You may choose to sweeten with honey.
Warning: For skin care do not expose your skin to sun after applying lemon juice, you might get spots because your skin becomes highly sensitive to the sun.
Here are some links to sites that offer good tips on using Lemon
- Home Remedies for Whitening Yellow Fingernails - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.
Yellow fingernails could be caused by an underlying medical condition, but smoking and regular use of nail polish can also cause discolored nails. The following information provides home remedies for whitening yellow fingernails.
- Lemon Juice - Beauty Bonus
A budget for beauty products will only stretch so far, so it is good to know that right in the kitchen cupboard, we may already have an enhancer for our hair, our fingernails and our skin. If, for example, you buy ReaLemon lemon juice for its conveni
- Lemon Juice for Black Hair | Vissa Studios
The wide application of lemon juice extends even to your hair. It is used for variety of purposes on hair. Here are some of the benefits it offers to ones hair.