- Mental Health»
Red Ink on Red Line :Take me somewhere: Writers Challenge.
Sharing "Red Inking While Red Lining" @L.A. Inner City Arts " Open Mic "
Train Wreck of a Day
Red Inking While Red Lining
Red Ink on the red line i am on this train to a land i may not return. My day is trumped with hit after hit on my confidence. I keep getting shot down when I attempt to grasp on to my dreams. I need a job but i keep getting laid off. So now I'm feeling like I should jump in front of this train to end this pain that I'm feeling but instead I use this red pen and ink my salvation instead of giving in to this thought of everything being at it's end. So I'm " RED INKING ON THE RED LINE. "
On the train with a notepad and my favorite ink pen
- I got to red ink this. My thoughts of a broken surgically repaired man.
- The turn out hasn't been,
- Bionic like Steve Austin.
- Appreciation for this physical shell, having first hand knowledge of losing bits and pieces of me. Lost the ability,
- To take a good hit.
- I'm damaged not broken mentally or spiritually, but I've come close to it.
- The mind is powerful able to travel beyond what we see.
- Hypnosis or simply while one is asleep.
- Sometimes I want to stay in the mode of sleep.
- cause when I awaken,
- To the paths I've taken.
- Where potential is achin'
- Or lost.
- Ambition is years from what I can remember.
- Still paying the cost.
- Still when I've lost or I feel lost I get inspired by struggles I've surrendered and others have overcome.
- I've succumbed to struggles that have created a desire to warn.
- But who can I warn?
- Accept those who still have a chance to fight or run.
- Decisions early at the beginning, baby hair fine.
- Concerning the time.
- Molds a better vision for baby hair fine maturing to full growth now is thinning,
- Elderly and wise.
- My warning:
- Of self doubt prevailing.
- Welcoming the demise.
- My warning:
- Of self-esteem fleeing like a breath exhaling.
- The state of our minds will be the reason one is excelling.
- Also the reason some are dwelling,
- In depths of misery wishing to be forgotten.
- Where the mind is rotting,
- Or rotten.
- Pleasure not even a thought.
- Joy has gotten to be too painful to think of.
- This is my warning when one is on the brink of.
- Giving into that edge.
- Let positive words of wisdom be the wedge,
- keeping doors open and opportunities in our lives become full fledged.
- Take a pledge,
- take an oath
- To stay positive and allow those thoughts to provoke.
- The change and spark the hope,
- that saves us from the end of the rope,
- or the fall from the ledge.
- Suicide is not the answer.
- Self-esteem can be reclaimed.
- Your soul can be redeemed.
- This is a message from my suicidal brain.
- Writing has become the reason I persist.
- The reason why.
- Still exist!
Red Inking on Red Line
Red inking while red lining,
Filtering and refining,
My thoughts are inclining
Toward isolating on an island
That is sinking.
My own thinking!
Saying " give up "
Look at that rope.
I need to write.
My mind replies, " Please Don't! "
Inking my salvation.
Printing true evaluations,
Of how senseless
No matter how relentless.
My pen is my weapon to combat.
Filtering my comeback.
Strategies revealing my true path.
Creating a new laugh.
As I see the new graph.
Illustrations of my peaks and valleys.
Like a computer scanning.
Click- end task or end process.
Shutdown and restart
My writing is my minds task manager
Keeping my performance in check.