- Mental Health
Talk to Someone Online About Your Problems
I Need Someone to Talk to
Have you ever felt lonely, lost or upset and just wanted someone to talk to? Almost everyone has. Sometimes you just can't or don't want to talk to your family or friends about your issues. Maybe they wouldn't understand or maybe they would judge you.
You need supportive, caring people to talk to about your problems that will be there when you need them. You can talk to someone online in a new message board style chat room.
What Kind of Topics are There?
- Addiction: Alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, prescription drug, narcotics and Al-Anon
- Nutrition: Anorexia, bulimia or lack of appetite
- Health: Depression, anxiety, cutting or anything else
- Fitness: Struggles with weight gain, weight loss, or body image
- Love & Relationships: Abusive loved ones, constant fighting or rape
- Parenting: Learning to discipline, controlling your anger or dealing with your child's temper tantrums
These are just different ideas of things you could talk to someone about but there is nothing dictating what you can get help with on this site. If you are very interested in one of the topics specifically, you can subscribe to it and receive updates every time someone posts in that topic.
How Does it Work?
- The website is new as of 2012, and is a very helpful online community
- This website functions as a private conversation or public forums
- You can post using your user name or as a hidden user
- The website is completely free to use
- To register, you only need to enter your e-mail, a user name, a password, your time zone and language. Nothing personally identifying. You will then receive an activation code to your email. Click on the link in your email to activate and you are ready to start talking.
- If you don't want to post anything but still want to get help, you can search the website for what you are looking for and your question may have already been answered.
- You can also use the site if you just enjoy helping others and have valuable knowledge to share. Maybe you have been through something and could help others dealing with the same thing
Why Should I Talk to Someone?
- Talking to someone else can help you sort out your feelings and help you understand better why you have the feelings you do and what you can do about them
- Talking to someone outside of the situation can give you a fresh perspective on what you are dealing with and won't take sides since they are not involved
- Talking to someone can release some of the tension and pressure that you have built up because of the stress you are under