- Kids Health
Ten easy steps to getting rid of lice
Home method lice treatments
These are safe ways you can treat lice from the comfort of your own home. With little to no help from store bought treatments I turned to home methods. Some I researched and some I put together with safe products from home. With this informative article you can learn a lot about lice and where they come from as well.
Lice are a nasty parasite that is passed from person to person through combs, hats, contact, and much more.
They live by feeding off of you leaving ant like bites on your head.
Lice as annoying as they are can lay eggs which are a glue like texture hard to remove without a proper lice and nit comb usually found in your local store.
After the process of the egg being attached to the hair a nit is formed which is the younger version of the louse.
Without properly treating this it can spread evenly.
Lice are generally attached to clean scalps as oily ones are harder for them to latch onto.
With this treatment lice should no longer be a problem.
First and foremost I am not a doctor and these are written home-methods for treating lice. My best advice is to first see a doctor and get his expertise.
Home products needed- Baby oil, vinegar, nit comb, tea tree shampoo. Conditioner
1. With unwashed hair take one cup of vinegar mixed with one cup of hot water. Rub some baby oil through the hair saturating it very well. The oil plus the vinegar will loosen the knits and eggs.
2. After hair is saturated in baby oil dip your comb into the vinegar and hot water.
3. Pull hair into small sections and comb each section starting from top of scalp to bottom.
4. Make sure to get behind the ears as well.
5. After combing hair thoroughly wash hair with tea treatment shampoo.
6. Before washing hair boil comb to remove any bugs or eggs in it.
7. Condition hair , while conditioner is in hair comb through it top to bottom to release any left over bugs nits or eggs.
8. Blow dry, the heat kills anything left over. Sometimes even straightening helps.
9.Repeat in a week if necessary.
10. Wash everything used, linens, toys, boil brushes, and vacuum. A good cleaning of the house may help.
I hope this article was informative and helps you on the mission of lice removal.