Ten tips to be successful and bold in life
Boldness is a like a habit, you cultivate it; it becomes your second nature. You ignore it; it is something which eludes you, making you even more shy and rigid
‘All the problems become smaller if you don’t dodge them, but confront them. Touch a thistle timidly and it pricks you; grasp it boldly, its spine crumble’-William.S.Halsey
I watched with fascination my friend’s grandson playing with Sweety, my pet dog and I was a little worried whenever Sweety went near the child. Though it was a soft nature pet the kid was just three years old and he kept pulling its tail, ears and generally doing all sorts of mischief with the pet. How can a small child be so bold that he did not look at the dog as some sort of a demon? It was because the child had no fear in him. It is fear that makes you feel apprehensive and hesitant.
1. Even when you feel shy and reserved, you should pretend to be bold and courageous. Why do you feel shy?It is because you have a low esteem of yourself. You can never be successful if you are hesitant to meet people. The people you fear are the same as you, but different from you in that they have overcome their reservations and drawbacks to be successful.
2. If you fear failure you can never taste success. Unless you conquer your fear you are not going to do things in a positive way and whatever you do, you do with thought of failure in your mind. The result is you fail miserably and this is enough for you to withdraw into your shell. Always have an open mind and do everything with positive energy and you will be amazed by the results.
3. When someone who is successful talks to you, do you feel inferior because of their confidence? You should understand that you are not inferior in any way. You might be more superior than them in talent; but since you are not bold, your talent is clouded and not visible to the world.
4. Have look at the mirror. How do you look?Is your eyes looking straight back at you or is it shifty. Unless you practice looking boldly into the eyes of whoever you are talking to, you will not be able to develop people’s skill and you will be considered a weak person.
5. Well groomed look goes a long way in making you feel bold and confident. You should take efforts to look well dressed and you should concentrate on your posture also. You should stand straight and erect. Do not keep shifting your legs as it is a signal of your lack of boldness.
6. Pretend to be bold. When you are alone try to imagine yourself as a bold person. You should vividly visualize yourself being confident and positive. Close your eyes and mentally enact a scene where you face everyone boldly and now slowly open your eyes. The image you created will remain etched in your mind if you do it frequently. You should now try to bring boldness into practice. Initially you might feel little lost, but gradually you will succeed in being what you so sincerely hoped to be.
7. Do not fear rejection and refuse to ask. When you refuse to ask, you never know whether your request would be approved or not. When you are bold enough to ask, you might have a ‘yes’ for answer.
8. Always try to mingle with people as you can meet people of varied characteristics. Observe them and see who catches everybody’s attention. It will always be someone who has an air of confidence in him. You too should try to be confident and when you try you can easily develop it.
9. It is when you are bold that you can catch hold of opportunities that come your way. If you let it go in your fear of failure and lack of boldness, it slips through your hand and goes right into the hands of someone who has guts. You then become a spectator to the success of someone who has grasped the same opportunity you missed. You could easily have become the recipient of that success if only you had been bold.
10. Do not keep on procrastinating decisions in your timidity. You are at best prolonging your agony. You prolong your problems and it destroys your peace of mind. You dither and hesitate and the problems assume the proportion of an emergency because of your hesitant attitude. When you have to decide, make decision authoritatively and boldly.
Boldness is a like a habit, you cultivate it; it becomes your second nature. You ignore it; it is something which eludes you, making you even more shy and rigid. Become bold by choice and when you are able to master your confidence, success is just a step away.