Gas Pain Home Treatment
Why You Get Gas Pain?
Gas pain is a terrible discomfort that can come unannounced. If you are lactose or gluten intolerant, you might be at greater risk of gas, and also when you eat a diet of legumes, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. Some chronic intestinal ailments, like diverticulitis, inflammatory bowel disease, or irritable bowel syndrome can place you at greater threat.
Sometimes, gas pain is usually mistaken for another ailment, such as appendicitis, gall stones, and even heart attack. To make a diagnosis, doctors normally take a medical record, such as a food record (list of all foods and beverages taken) as well as a history of symptoms. If a particular food such as milk is regarded as the reason for GI gas symptoms, the affected person can be advised to avoid that food for some time to find out if symptoms improve.
Gas pain usually strikes at the most undesirable time, and that's why simple remedies need to be available for sudden complaints such as gas and bloating. Before helpful treatment for gas pain can be undertaken however, it should first be assessed first which factors have perpetrated the problem.
Symptoms of gas pain include bloating, passing of bad gas and belching. Bearing this in mind, one should become aware of its simple treatments to help remedy the pain, for the time being.
There have been several possible causes of experiencing gas and by recognizing the actual cause for excessive gas in the stomach you will be able to relieve yourself from the symptoms without needing to leave the house.
Severe gas pain relief is obtainable by over-the-counter medicines. Lactose supplements are usually taken by people who suffer from gas troubles caused by milk and dairy products. Charcoal tablets can also be found in the drug stores which are effective in gas pain relief. But the quickest treatment for gas pain is two capsules of acidophilus. Expect pain relief in 5-10 minutes in taking this.
The following are some of the effective home remedies for gas pain treatment:
- Mixing charcoal in hot water before drinking it will definitely does not appeal to the taste buds. But it still known to have good results.
- A cup of peppermint tea can help ease the pain caused by gas because the menthol in peppermint oil gives an antispasmodic effect on the soft muscles in the digestive tract. This brings relief from gas and gas pain. However, it is important to note that peppermint can also cause heartburn and acid reflux.
- Chewing a spoon of celery seeds brings quick relief from abdominal discomfort due to gas.
- Ginger and chamomile tea drive out trapped gas in the stomach. They also help in improving digestion.
- Warm water with Asafoetida mixed in it can also be good.
- Drink 2 teaspoons brandy mix in warm water before going off to bed. This gives relief from mild gas pain.
Other treatment includes chewing 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds after meal. This helps avert formation of gas and bloating after eating. This is helpful to people who are prone to gas pains. Fennel can also be taken by a healthy person following a heavy meal to help in their digestion.