The Beauty of Water: Look and Feel Good with Water
5 Ways to Drink More Water
Get your Water in
Water is nature's most effective internal cleanser, it sweeps away waste products in the body and helps to keep your skin clear and fresh. If you want to look younger, and more radiant start drinking more water on a daily basis. How much water do we really need to help our skin look it's best?
You can go without food for several days, if we really want to we can go without food for weeks. However, we cannot go without water, our body needs water function properly. Every day our body loses fluid mainly through our sweat. When humidity levels are at their normal levels we can lose up to 1 litre of water in only 12 hours. This means that we should really be drinking between 1 and 2 litres of water every single day.
If you are exercising on a daily basis you should also consider drinking more water. Because during a 1 hour session of aerobic exercise we can actually lose up to 1 litre of water in a single hour. Therefore, you should add an extra glass of water for every hour we work out. Stress can also affect how much water we lose on a daily basis. When we are stressed we often sweat more. Therefore, if you are stressed you really should consider drinking more water on a daily basis.
Keep yourself well watered
- Start the day with a glass of water, it aids kidney function and cleanses your skin from within.
- Drink one glass of water before you go to sleep as well. Did you know that your body loses water when you sleep?
- Take small sips of water regularly throughout the day rather than trying to chug it down all in one go.
- When you are working out drink two glasses of water for every pound you lose through sweating it out.
- Do not drink so much tea or coffee because they are actually diurectics and therefore, they increase the amount of fluids you lose. You will find you get more thirsty when you drink coffee or tea.
- Do not drink sweet or fizzy sodas because they actually increase your thirst levels. They are packed with sugar and they do not do anything to cleanse your body or your skin. Try to stick to water.
- If you find it difficult to drink more water because you do not like the taste of it. Try and add some lemon or crushed ice to your water. You will enjoy it a lot more and so you will be more inclined to drink more water. Give it a try! If you want to look and feel your best drink more water.
- We often mistake thirst for hunger, so when you feel hungry why not take a large gulp of water instead! Try it !