- Health Care, Drugs & Insurance
The Cost of Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
As we all grow older, our bodies and faces sometimes age gracefully and sometimes not. Graceful aging means looking good and much younger than your actual age. It is genetics and your lifestyle. For instance, without doing anything special, my mom always looked 10 years younger than her actual age. My dad did not fare so well in this category. Looking younger when you are at any age greater than 40 yrs. always is in your favor, whether it is dating, work or anything you do. Of course, if you have the physical ability of a 60 yr. old when you are 40 yrs, that is a bad sign. Being 60 yrs. but acting like a 40 yr. old also to one's advantage, even if you do look your age.
Many, at some point in time, will think about some sort of cosmetic surgery. Usually, it occurs when you look in the mirror and see the age lines, bags, sagging chin or double chin. The effects of cosmetic surgery lasts years but it does vary depending at what age you had it done. Most agree that it is best done before age 60, while your skin still has elasticity and a natural glow.
While many consider it, the costs usually will prevent one many times. Below are the average costs for various surgeries:
- Facelift to reduce sagging skin by removing excess skin and re-draping it over contours to return you to youth-like and remove the double chin. Cost $6,231
- Ear surgery to correct protruding ears and make them nicer. Cost $3,000.
- Soft Tissue Filler that are injected to add volume to face and reduce forehead wrinkles, laugh lines. Cost $650-1100.
- Botox, used for much of the same. Cost $375.
- Liposuction to vacuum up fatty deposits on the hips, butt, thighs etc. Cost $2900.
- Eyelid surgery to remove fatty deposits on the eyelids and tighten skin. Cost $2900.
- Dermabrasion to sand away scars and wrinkles by removing the outer skin layer. Cost $1200.
- Laser hair removal to do just that. Cost $383.
- Laser for leg veins to remove unsightly varicose veins in legs. The laser zaps the vein and an injected solution makes them invisible. Cost $404.