- Death & Loss of Life
Vic Sotto, Dolphy, others mourn for the Passing of REDFORD WHITE
His passing jolted a fan
A startled fan learning of the news regarding Redford White’s death blurted: “The heavens shed tears to mourn for the passing of an honest and dedicated comedian”.
Yes- Veteran comedian Redford White passed away at 6:47 in the morning due to cancer of the brain and lungs on July 25, 2010, Sunday in his home in Novaliches, Quezon City. He was 54. He is survived by his wife Elena, daughters Jerui and Jinky.
White's illness was veiled in secrecy
In July of 2008 it was reported that White began experiencing dizziness, difficulty in walking, and lack of balance, all of which the actor thought were simply symptoms of vertigo. His doctor advised him to undergo Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) but he politely refused.
It was only last February when he was told that he has Stage 4 brain and lung cancer. Little was known about his illnesses. Not even the media had a knowledge of them for White’s family kept the problem to themselves.
A trusted friend Simon Serrano, told GMA News.TV that they “tried to consult with other doctors for him to survive, but he passed away this morning.” Jim Paredes, of the Apo Hiking Society also a close friend of White, related in an abs-cbnNEWS.com article that he visited him on Saturday. It was the last time he saw White alive. Paredes said he gave President Cory Aquino’s rosary to White. They hugged for the last time, exchanged love you, pre, had one good laugh, ingat pre and a trickle of tears before he left the room.
White was Eric Quizon's soul
His comrades in the business Eric Quizon and Leo Martinez likewise visited White in his home on July 20 before he was brought to a hospital in Quezon City.
Quizon deeply felt the loss of White. Here’s his message: “Today is one of the saddest days of my life. A truly honest and good man has passed away. Red was my partner. My Sol. We were One. I was the body, he was the soul. I was the vessel, he was the spirit. He was a man who believed in the craft and valued his work. He was a professional and dedicated actor that everybody admired…. He is now one with his Creator. We love you Red. We will miss you,”
Dolphy, others pay their last respects
ENTERTAINMENT Comedy King Dolphy, Vic Sotto and a host of others in the cinema and TV world paid their last respect to cancer-victim REDFORD WHITE.
Deluge of mourners from twitter
Fans and colleagues in the industry mourned White’s passing on Twitter. It was reported that “Redford White” was at the top of the social microblogging site’s worldwide trending topics.
The Cebuano comedian was last seen on the boob tube via ABS-CBN’s “Kokey” (2007) and “Palos” (2008). Coincidentally, his last film was “Iskul Bukol: 20 Years After (The Ungasis and Escaleras Adventure),” which was an entry in the 2008 Metro Manila Film Festival.
List of films and TV series he was in:
- "Palos" (2008) TV series .... Mario (2008)
- Iskul Bukol: 20 Years After (The Ungasis and Escaleras Adventure) (2008) .... Redford
... aka "Escaleras and Ungasis... 20 Years Later" - Philippines (English title)
... aka "Vic Ungasis en the Escaleras" - Philippines (English title)
- "Kokey" (2007) TV series .... Nanding
- "Daddy di do du" .... Bruce (5 episodes, 2005-2006)
- Nais kita (2006) TV episode .... Bruce
- Father's Day... happy ba? (2005) TV episode .... Bruce
- A New Witch in Town (2005) TV episode .... Bruce
- Back to School! (2005) TV episode .... Bruce
- Iskul Bukol Tribute (2005) TV episode .... Bruce
- Ispiritista: Itay, may moomoo! (2005)
- Bestman: 4 Better, Not 4 Worse (2002) .... Carlos Miguel
... aka "Bestman" - Philippines (English title) (short title)
- Tar-San (1999) .... Tar
- Isprikitik: Walastik kung pumitik (1999) .... Brando
- Tik Tak Toys: My Kolokotoys (1999) .... Redford White
- Ala eh... Con Bisoy! Hale-hale-hoy!: Laging panalo ang mga unggoy (1998)
- Tong tatlong tatay kong pakitong kitong (1998)
- Haba-baba-doo! Puti-puti-poo! (1998) .... Mokong
- I Do, I Die (Diyos ko Day) (1997) .... Mokong
- Wanted Perfect Murder (1997) .... Elvis
- Pablik Enemi 1 n 2: Aksidental Heroes (1997) .... Luis
- Neber-2-Geder (1996)
- Si Lucio at si Miguel: Hihintayin kayo sa langit (1992) .... Lucio
... aka "Lucio & Miguel" - Philippines (English title) (short title)
- Buddy en Sol: Praybeyt depektibs (1992) .... Sol
- Buddy en Sol (Sine ito) (1992) .... Sol
- Captain Yagit (1989)
- Code Name: Black & White (1988)
- The Untouchable Family (1987)
- Kumander Anting-Anting (1987)
- Pulis iskwad (1987)
- Lost and Found Command: Rebels Without Because (1987) .... Cpl. Akomplis
- Rocky Tan-go IV (1986) .... Rocky
- Cobrador (1986)
- No Return No Exchange (1986)
- I won, I won (Ang s'werte nga naman) (1986) .... Gunding
- Tu-yay and His Magic Payong (1985) .... Emilio/Tuyay
- Hee-Man: Master of None (1985)
- Okey olarayt (1984)
- Sekreta 'Ini' (1984)
- Billy the Kid and the Sunshine Gid (1984)
- Wrong Rangers (1984)
- Rambo Tan-go (1984) .... Johnny Rambo Tango
... aka "Johnny Rambo Tango" - Philippines (English title)
- Darakula (1982) .... Darakula
- Tartan (1981)
- A Man Called 'Tolongges' (1981) .... Arizona Gid
- Iskul bukol (Freshmen) (1980)
- Bino & Klayd (1979) .... Bino
- Soldyer! (1979)
- "Iskul bukol" (1977) TV series .... (1977)
- Three Men and a Lola (????)
- "Super Laff-In" (1996) TV series .... Himself
Cipriano Cermeno in real life or REDFORD WHITE as a Comedian-Actor ROSE to fame during the ‘70s.